Tuesday 06-Dec-2011 | views 611| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Foreign | Location: Lagos |Recruiting Company:
United States Mission
No. 2011-068 Date: December 2, 2011
Ref: A90675, A90676,
Subject: PUBLIC HEALTH MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (4 POSITIONS)
Location: ABUJA – CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Public Health Management Assistant (4 s), FSN-07/1
OPENING DATE: December 2, 2011
CLOSING DATE: December 16, 2011
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR -Ordinarily Resident–N2,506,239 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – $39,994
EFM – $34,324 Starting Salary p.a., FP-07/1
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS M T HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
The . Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for
the Public Health Management Assistant s in the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention Nigeria Office in Abuja.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below
with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business related disciplines, Pure Science, Applied Science,
Social Sciences or Public Administration.
2. Minimum of one (1) year responsible work experience in program
assistance/support or related administrative support is required.
3. Good knowledge of Nigeria’s public health, economics, social, cultural, and
political characteristics are required.
4. Level IV (fluency) Speaking/ Writing in English is required.
5. Incumbent must possess ability to collect, organize, evaluate and analyze data,
draft clear and concise high-level reports and translate data into
6. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office packages is required.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbents’ primary responsibility, under the supervision of Nigeria Deputy
Director or Senior Management Official, is to implement, plan, monitor and evaluate
activities which inform Technical and Administrative sections in Nigeria. These
tasks will require drafting and editing briefing documents (including developing accurate
charts, tables, graphs, etc) maintaining spreadsheets, attending meetings, liaising with
implementing partners. This requires knowledge of HHS/CDC, DOS, and embassy
administrative, operational, management and program documentation process, policies
and procedures, under the guidance of senior management; the incumbent carries
assignments to completion without significant supervision.
When fully qualified, . Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the .
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are
not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
(WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the
will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their .
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned)
that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Bodyguard Supervisor vacancy at U.S. Embassy in Abuja - [Tuesday 25-Feb-2014]
» U.S. Embassy Job vacancy for Financial Analyst - [Friday 21-Feb-2014]
» Cashier Job Vacancy at U.S. Embassy, Abuja - [Tuesday 18-Feb-2014]
» U.S. Embassy Nigeria Job Vacancy for Procurement Agent in Abuja - [Tuesday 18-Feb-2014]
» Administrative Assistant Job Vacancies at British High Commission - [Tuesday 11-Feb-2014]
» U.S EMBASSY NIGERIA JOB VACANCY FOR ASSISTANT COOK - [Monday 27-Jan-2014]
» Graduate Payroll Overpayments Analyst Job Vacancy at IBM - [Monday 02-Dec-2013]
» Visa Assistant Job Vacancy at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos - [Wednesday 02-Oct-201]
» U.S Embassy Abuja recruits Computer Management Assistant - [Thursday 19-Sep-2013]
- Sponsored Ads -
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job
GRADUATE TRAINEE Jobs
APTITUDE TEST EBOOKS