Friday 24-Aug-2012 | Job Vacancies in Lagos | Foreign | in Lagos | by Global Rights
Global Rights Latest Job Vacancies in their Abuja office
Position: Natural Resources and Human Rights Program Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Global Rights believes in the dignity and equality of all human beings. We believe systemic change begins with the individual and the community. Founded in 1978, Global Rights is an international human rights capacity-building organization that works side by side with local activists in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to promote and protect the rights of marginalized populations. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, Global Rights strengthens partners to document and expose human rights abuses, conduct community outreach and mobilization, advocate for legal and policy reform, and provide legal and paralegal services.
Global Rights seeks a dynamic and visionary leader with excellent management and interpersonal skills for the position of a :
Reporting to the Nigeria Country Director, the Program Officer is responsible for the day to day management of the Nigeria office Natural Resources and Human Rights Program and for designing, conducting, monitoring and evaluating local capacity building initiatives and ensuring their effectiveness.
- A university degree in law, human rights, natural resources, development or a related field
- Strong academic and professional background in natural resources and human rights
- At least five(5) years of progressive responsibility in human rights or development work, particularly in the areas of human rights or natural resources governance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing governance projects, in particular natural resources and community organizing.
- Demonstrated skills in training, curriculum development, and report writing.
- Demonstrated skill in legal research and analysis, particularly, in relation to gender equality standards.
- Knowledge of international, regional, and domestic human rights instruments.
Mode of Application and Closing Date:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls please. Send resume, cover letter and professional writing sample by email to:
Nigeria Natural Resources
and Human Rights
Program Officer Search
Fax: +1(202) 822 4606
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Job at U.S. Embassy Abuja for an Opportunity Grant / Education Advising Technician - [Wednesday 26-Aug-201]
» Program Assistant Job Vacancy at The U.S. Embassy - [Thursday 16-Jul-2015]
» USAID Job Vacancy at The U.S. Embassy - [Sunday 12-Jul-2015]
» Marketing & Sales Jobs at The British Council - [Monday 06-Jul-2015]
» Company Secretary Vacancy at WFO International - [Sunday 05-Jul-2015]
» Fresh Job vacancies at The Australian High Commission - [Wednesday 10-Jun-201]
» The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is Recruiting - [Thursday 04-Jun-2015]
» In-country Officer Job vacancy at UKEAS Nigeria - Northumbria University - [Wednesday 03-Jun-201]
» British Council Latest Job Vacancies (8 positions) - [Wednesday 03-Jun-201]