Friday 24-Aug-2012 | views 557| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Foreign | Location: Lagos |Recruiting Company:
Global Rights Latest Job Vacancies in their Abuja office
Position: Natural Resources and Human Rights Program Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Global Rights believes in the dignity and equality of all human beings. We believe systemic change begins with the individual and the community. Founded in 1978, Global Rights is an international human rights capacity-building organization that works side by side with local activists in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to promote and protect the rights of marginalized populations. Through broad-based technical assistance and training, Global Rights strengthens partners to document and expose human rights abuses, conduct community outreach and mobilization, advocate for legal and policy reform, and provide legal and paralegal services.
Global Rights seeks a dynamic and visionary leader with excellent management and interpersonal skills for the position of a :
Reporting to the Nigeria Country Director, the Program Officer is responsible for the day to day management of the Nigeria office Natural Resources and Human Rights Program and for designing, conducting, monitoring and evaluating local capacity building initiatives and ensuring their effectiveness.
- A university degree in law, human rights, natural resources, development or a related field
- Strong academic and professional background in natural resources and human rights
- At least five(5) years of progressive responsibility in human rights or development work, particularly in the areas of human rights or natural resources governance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing governance projects, in particular natural resources and community organizing.
- Demonstrated skills in training, curriculum development, and report writing.
- Demonstrated skill in legal research and analysis, particularly, in relation to gender equality standards.
- Knowledge of international, regional, and domestic human rights instruments.
Mode of Application and Closing Date:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls please. Send resume, cover letter and professional writing sample by email to:
Nigeria Natural Resources
and Human Rights
Program Officer Search
Fax: +1(202) 822 4606
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Bodyguard Supervisor vacancy at U.S. Embassy in Abuja - [Tuesday 25-Feb-2014]
» U.S. Embassy Job vacancy for Financial Analyst - [Friday 21-Feb-2014]
» Cashier Job Vacancy at U.S. Embassy, Abuja - [Tuesday 18-Feb-2014]
» U.S. Embassy Nigeria Job Vacancy for Procurement Agent in Abuja - [Tuesday 18-Feb-2014]
» Administrative Assistant Job Vacancies at British High Commission - [Tuesday 11-Feb-2014]
» U.S EMBASSY NIGERIA JOB VACANCY FOR ASSISTANT COOK - [Monday 27-Jan-2014]
» Graduate Payroll Overpayments Analyst Job Vacancy at IBM - [Monday 02-Dec-2013]
» Visa Assistant Job Vacancy at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos - [Wednesday 02-Oct-201]
» U.S Embassy Abuja recruits Computer Management Assistant - [Thursday 19-Sep-2013]
- Sponsored Ads -
- Latest Jobs
- Employers Job
GRADUATE TRAINEE Jobs
APTITUDE TEST EBOOKS