Friday 17-May-2013 | views 672| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Foreign | Location: Abuja |Recruiting Company:
The US Embassy Abuja job vacancies for Office Management Assistant
Position: Office Management Assistant
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Office Management Assistant in the Consular section.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Basic Function of the Position:
Incumbent is primarily an office manager. In addition to organizing the Consular Section Chief’s schedule and correspondence, the incumbent also serves as the Consular Section’s expert on the Embassy’s automated personnel, travel and procurement systems. She/he provides exceptional customer service to the many VIPs applying for visas and provides complete and accurate information in response to inquiries.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Language Arts or Business
- Administration is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years office management work experience
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
OR – Ordinarily Resident –N2,250,420p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition tothe basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here for full job description
- All ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Graduate Regional Resources Assistants Jobs at British Council Nigeria - [Friday 12-Sep-2014]
» Job at The British High Commission for Entry Clearance Officer, Abuja and Lagos - [Tuesday 09-Sep-2014]
» UNICEF Employment : New and Emerging Talent Initiative (NETI) - [Tuesday 09-Sep-2014]
» IELTS Examiners recruitment at British Council Nigeria - [Saturday 30-Aug-2014]
» Jobs at U.S Embassy in Nigeria in Abuja - [Thursday 22-May-2014]
» Liaison Officer job Vacancy at British Council in Abuja - [Friday 09-May-2014]
» The U.S. Embassy Jobs in Abuja for a Human Resources Clerk - [Tuesday 29-Apr-2014]
» New Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Abuja, April 2014 - [Thursday 24-Apr-2014]
» British American Tobacco recruiting Senior Security Supervisor - [Tuesday 08-Apr-2014]
- Latest Jobs