Tuesday 27-Sep-2011 | views 2205| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Foreign | Location: Abuja |Recruiting Company:
We require suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below
Job Title: SeniorAssistant
Position Number: 10016638
Date of Entry on Duty: 01 November 2011
Category and Level: General Services, G15
Closing Date: on 30th September 2011
Location:HCR Branch Office, Abuja
Education and Skills: Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business, , Office Management.
Previous job experience and job experience relevant to the function: 5 years.
A very Good knowledge of English and local language required.
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
HCR Learning Programmes/Other training/ additional languages. MSRP, GroupWise and FOCUS literacy. Computer experience and knowledge of manual and Operations Management Handbook for partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of theand Programme Associate, the incumbent of the post will perform the below listed tasks in accordance with the principles and human values of the and in adhesion with the Code of conduct of the HCR:
1. Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files
2. Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews:
3. Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims:
4. Attends meetings on day-to-day admin, matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order
5. Maintainsrecords and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
6. Assist in preparingvouchers and monthly accounts
7. Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
8. Assists in preparing admin, budget submission for entire year maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
9. Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply:
If you wish to be considered for the position, please send your application by email to: email@example.com or by post to the below address, before the closing date and under confidential cover clearly indicating the vacancy announcement number and title: 005 – Senior Finance Assistant.
UNHCR Representation in Abuja PNB 2851 Garki – Abuja, Nigeria
Handwritten and dated application letter with your complete address, telephone and email address
Last updated CV and UN Personal notice (P11, can be obtained online)
Photocopies of relevant diplomas and certificates of services;
Interested UN staff members must also submit copies of their two last Performances Appraisal Reports;
Please do not send originals documents as only short listed applicants will be contacted. This vacancy is open to Nigerian male and female candidates. Applications from qualified women candidates are highly encouraged. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. UNHCR is a non smoking environment.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Liaison Officer job Vacancy at British Council in Abuja - [Friday 09-May-2014]
» The U.S. Embassy Jobs in Abuja for a Human Resources Clerk - [Tuesday 29-Apr-2014]
» New Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Abuja, April 2014 - [Thursday 24-Apr-2014]
» British American Tobacco recruiting Senior Security Supervisor - [Tuesday 08-Apr-2014]
» Customer Service/Examinations Assistant Job Vacancies at British Council Nigeria - [Tuesday 08-Apr-2014]
» Venue Staff (Invigilators) Jobs at British Council Nigeria - [Tuesday 11-Mar-2014]
» US Embassy Jobs Vacancy for a Security Investigator in Lagos - [Thursday 06-Mar-2014]
» Bodyguard Supervisor vacancy at U.S. Embassy in Abuja - [Tuesday 25-Feb-2014]
» U.S. Embassy Job vacancy for Financial Analyst - [Friday 21-Feb-2014]
- Latest Jobs