Tuesday 24-Apr-2012 | views 661| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Administrative | Location: Lagos |Recruiting Company:
JSI JOB VACANCIES for FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY (FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION)
DEADLINE DATE: 04/30/2012
STARTING DATE: 05/01/2012
• University degree in relevant field, such as accounting, finance or business management.
• Ten years of experience in management and/or direct experience in similar programs and similar position.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and past International Development sector experience are preferred.
• Experience with operational risk management will be an asset.
• Some experience in training and capacity building will be an advantage
• Demonstrated strong oral and written English communication skills.
The USAID-funded Nigeria Targeted States High Impact Project (TSHIP) is a five-year integrated maternal, newborn, and child health; family planning; and reproductive health (MNCH/FP/RH) project increasing the use of high impact interventions in Bauchi and Sokoto States. Working in conjunction with local and international partners and stakeholders, TSHIP’s approach is to build quality health services, community engagement, and effective health systems to increase use of high impact health interventions among communities in Northern Nigeria. TSHIP implements an integrated package assisting state and local governments to improve primary health care services by filling in gaps in capacity, building on institutional strengths, and improving each household’s ability to protect and promote their own health. TSHIP forges strong and durable bonds between community institutions and the health care delivery system in Bauchi and Sokoto, with measurably improved household practices, increased use of services, improved health systems and management, and higher quality service delivery.
The Deputy Chief of Part, Finance and Support Services is a full-time position based in Bauchi. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the field programs support and financial and administrative operations. S/he works in close coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) and key technical personnel in the oversight of program functions, support and guidelines and ensuring that the financial systems and internal controls are in place and in line with standard USAID rules and regulations and JSI policy and procedures. S/he serves as the focal person for all budget and disbursement processes of TSHIP offices.
1. Collaborates with the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chiefs of Party, Technical (DCOP), and other project personnel in both states (Bauchi & Sokoto) to ensure a holistic approach, and consistency of activity operations across all program, financial and administrative functions;
2. Works with Chief of Party, Deputy Chiefs of Party, Director of Monitoring and Evaluation to identify, measure and report on key risks faced by TSHIP, and regularly review risk mitigation interventions;
3. Monitors TSHIP’s overall financial and operational systems in both states and at the central level to ensure appropriate design, implementation, and management of TSHIP systems consistent across both State offices;
4. Ensures compliance with JSI policies and USAID rules and regulations related to finance, administration, operations and personnel;
5. Maintains and updates the TSHIP Operations Manual, Finance Manual, and Personnel Manual and ensures all staff are aware of and follow TSHIP procedures;
6. Manages, monitors, and updates project tools including the budget tracking sheet and obligation tracking; reviews and analyzes variations and shares with JSI/Boston and kept up to date;
7. Ensures that accurate complete and timely submission to JSI/Boston of monthly financial reporting in e-copy (databases) and hard copy;
8. Manages and monitors spending against the costed work plan, liaising with support and technical teams as needed to share and obtain updated information;
9. Confirms all contractual requirements as stipulated in the Cooperative Agreement are met accurately and on time;
10. Ensures that cost share requirement is fully met, documented and reported;
11. Presents summary financial and contractual management information monthly to the COP and/or Senior Leading Team (SLT);
12. Oversees the procurement of equipment and commodities, and ensures that only allowable items are purchased with TSHIP funds and all relevant documentation and/or approvals are obtained and maintained on file;
13. Manages sub-partners and grantees to ensure that expenses are in line with the project’s needs, and that partners are compliant with contractual agreements;
14. Directs the preparation and negotiation of project budgets and modifications, and coordinates with JSI/Boston as appropriate;
15. Serves as the point person for JSI-related financial queries, coordinating all correspondence from JSI home office regarding wiring of cash, payments, financial reporting and related matters;
16. Conducts field visits to state and zonal offices to ensure the functioning of the financial, accounting and administration operations and consistency of treatment across TSHIP;
17. Develops, reviews, and punctually submits monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements/reports as needed for donor andhome office;
18. Ensures preparation and response to any JSI-directed or donor financial reviews and/or audits;
19. Ensures ongoing supervision and capacity building and/or training of TSHIP support staff;
20. Directly supervises: State Finance & Admin SpeCarts, HR Manager, Senior Finance & Grants SpeCart;
21. Ensures that the signatory policy is followed;
22. Approves monthly payroll for project staff;
23. Oversees and supervises all banking operations;
24. Other duties as assigned on an as-needed basis.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/30/2012.
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Assistant Sales Managers Job in Lagos, Enugu & Owerri - [Thursday 28-Aug-2014]
» Front Desk Officer Job in Lagos at First Choice Leasing Limited - [Thursday 28-Aug-2014]
» GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)is recruiting a Graduate Account Executive in Ilorin - [Wednesday 27-Aug-201]
» Graduate Job Vacancies at Crystal Associates Limited, Lagos - [Wednesday 27-Aug-201]
» Client Service Officer and Financial Adviser Job Vacancies in Nigeria - [Wednesday 27-Aug-201]
» Client Service Executive Job Vacancy in Port Harcourt - [Saturday 23-Aug-2014]
» Executive Sales Manager Job vacancy at CNBC Africa - [Saturday 23-Aug-2014]
» Financial Analyst Job Vacancy at Dragnet Solutions Limited - [Friday 22-Aug-2014]
» Accountant with Peachtree Experience needed in a firm in Abuja - [Thursday 21-Aug-2014]
- Latest Jobs