Wednesday 02-May-201 | views 3284| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: IT and Telecom | Location: Nigeria |Recruiting Company:
Oando Nigeria Plc Job Vacancies for System Administrator( http://www.oando-cvmanager.com/careers/ )
JOB TITLE: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
LOCATION: Head Office, Lagos
DEPARTMENT: Information & Technology
• Performs administrative and supervisory and work necessary to manage the Infrastucture unit’s Information Technology Department.
• Ensures that all user department operations are enhanced by applying the most appropriate computer technology.
• Exercise supervision over system administrators.
• Plans upgrade / implementation schedules on a weekly basis in response to long term projects and short term high priority projects.
• Establishes and maintains diverse data communications links, VPN connections and remote access needs.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating system management; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Manage SAN storage environment.
• Plan IT service continuity / disaster recovery for critical systems services
• Work to ensure that the department meet and exceeds user expectations as regards system services in line with SLAs.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Manage enterprise operating system environment which include Windows, Unix, Linux
• Manage Enterprise Systems (Messaging, Colloboration, Sharepoint, ISA)
• Use system monitoring tools to proactively manage the servers and storage.
• Ensure adequate system documentation
• Provide technical consulting on acquisition of hardware and software, including configuration, troubleshooting and enhancement
• Manage suppliers in the server and storage supply chain
• Collaborate effectively with peers in IT and other departments
• Installs, configures, tests, and maintains hardware including personal computers, servers, printers, and other peripherals.
• Manage Windows Citrix environment
• Providing End-User training
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Infrastructure Manager from time to time
• Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing backups; maintaining documentation.
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with coworkers; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
The Enterprise Systems Administrator, as part of the Technical Support Team, supervises system administrator, provides technical support, systems administration, network planning and implementation to the users
• 1st degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related area.
• 5 years cognate work experience, in a reputable organization/Institution
How to apply
Application deadline: May 9, 2012
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Leeds Bryan International Job vacancy for Video Editor/Motion Graphic Animator - [Wednesday 23-Jul-201]
» BI Communications Nigeria Limited recruiting for various Positions - [Thursday 03-Jul-2014]
» IT Officer Jobs in Lagos Island for OND in Computer Science Graduates - [Wednesday 02-Jul-201]
» Database Administrator Job Vacancy at Mgig Global Services - [Tuesday 01-Jul-2014]
» Graphic Designer Job vacancy at Lase Consulting - [Tuesday 01-Jul-2014]
» Web and Graphics Designer Job in Abuja at SQL Events Nigeria - [Thursday 26-Jun-2014]
» Sales Executive - Service Provider recruitment at Sigma Qualitas - [Thursday 26-Jun-2014]
» Social Media Manager Job Vacancy at Exolve Technologies Limited - [Wednesday 25-Jun-201]
» KPMG ICT Jobs for IT Network Officer, IT Helpdesk Officer and Application Developer - [Wednesday 18-Jun-201]
- Latest Jobs