February 1st, 2011 | views 3481| by Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria | Category: Education | Location: Abuja |Recruiting Company:
* AUN will be a dynamic agent of change, promoting civil society and economic development in the region;
* AUN will provide its students with the tools to achieve both personal growth and material success;
* The University will be a model for the country and the region of new pedagogical approaches in post-secondary education;
* AUN will promote understanding among diverse national, ethnic, and religious groups;
* AUN will promote an understanding of and appreciation for the history, culture, and intellectual achievements of the peoples of West Africa and Africa.Vision Statement
* AUN will be a comprehensive university offering undergraduate and graduate programs of the highest quality in the entire major areas of human enquiry;
* The University, through its support of original research, will create and disseminate new knowledge;
* The University will employ an American approach to curriculum and pedagogy;
* AUN will have a modern, spacious, and attractive campus, employing state-of-the-art facilities and equipment;
* AUN will be a diverse, international community of teachers and learners, recruiting the finest faculty and enrolling the best students from Nigeria, West Africa, and around the world;
* The University will be known internationally as a “centre of excellence” in entrepreneurship/business and in technology;
* AUN will be the centre of a thriving and cosmopolitan cultural and economic community in Yola.
* The founders understand that tolerance and understanding among national, ethnic, and religious groups is essential to the success of this or any other nation. The University will actively work to instil these values in its students and will itself reflect these values in its policies;
* The University in all of its activities will demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and academic honesty;
* The founders understand that freedom of expression is fundamental to any intellectual community and affirms that all members of the AUN community will have the freedom to express any opinion without fear of reprisals of any kind;
* The AUN planners believe that entrepreneurship and technology are essential to the transformation of the country and the region and affirm that every graduate will understand the basics of entrepreneurship and small business management and will be technically literate;
* AUN will make admissions and employment decisions without regard to gender, age, religion, nationality, ethnicity, disability, political affiliations, or personal relationships.
The American University of Nigeria (AUN), in partnership with The American University, Washington, D.C.,
seeks qualified candidates for faculty positions in the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
The American University of Nigeria is a private university in northeast Nigeria, based in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State. Envisioned in 2003 as a model for African higher education, AUN enrolled its first class of 200 students in the Fall of 2005. AUN remains the only private, American-style institution of higher education in Western Africa. Today AUN enrolls 1,500 students and is led by a team of 93 Faculty. AUN prides itself on providing its students the knowledge and tools necessary to achieve both personal success and to contribute to sustainable development of their nation, the continent and the world.
The Institution, working through its U.S. recruiting agent, Faculty Recruitment International™, invites qualified applicants for faculty positions in the field of Marketing for the School of Business and Entrepreneurship. The desired start date is Fall 2011 when teaching duties will commence in Nigeria.
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria: • A thorough understanding of the challenges and significance of working within an institution of higher education in a rural region of a developing country; • An ability to interact effectively with both the University community and the broader community; • A commitment to academic integrity; and • Initiative, energy, flexibility, and creativity.
Applicants for faculty positions are expected to have the appropriate academic credentials (US terminal degree – PhD), as well as successful U.S. post-secondary teaching experience. Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
We invite you to be a part of this exciting and unique cultural experience, and to contribute to the future of an eager and welcoming nation. Please visit the University website: http://www.aun.edu.ng/
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Housing will be provided. Other benefits will be discussed in detail with qualified applicants. Applications will be received and evaluated until positions are filled.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are requested to send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae via email attachment to the University’s Recruiting Agent, Hermitage Consulting Associates, Ltd., Faculty Recruitment International™: FacultyAUN@HCALtd.com
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
» Teachers jobs at AL-ALI International School Minna, Niger State - [Thursday 20-Jun-2013]
» Academic and Non-Academic jobs at Kwara State University - [Wednesday 19-Jun-201]
» Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife Teaching and Non Teaching Staff Job Vacancies - [Wednesday 19-Jun-201]
» Secretaries and Teaching Jobs at British Curriculum School in Lagos - [Wednesday 19-Jun-201]
» Golden Bunch School needs Elementary School teachers and Head Of School/Head Teacher in Lagos - [Tuesday 18-Jun-2013]
» Massive recruitment at Surefoot International School (SIS) in Calabar, Cross River State - [Wednesday 12-Jun-201]
» Principal and Vice Principals needed at Nascent Muslim International College in Kogi State - [Tuesday 11-Jun-2013]
» Teaching Jobs at Brilliant Child College, in Lagos, - [Friday 07-Jun-2013]
» Teaching Jobs in LAgos at Top Angel School Lagos - [Friday 07-Jun-2013]
- Latest Jobs