Areas of Anambra State. It is also vigorously engaged in the vital functions of training and research.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Chief Medical Director of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.
Job Title: Chief Medical Director
The Chief Medical Director is the Chief Accounting Officer of the Hospital and he is charged with responsibilities of executing polices and matters affecting the day to day management of the affairs of the Hospital subject to general control of the Management Board (cap 463 of Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1990)
- Have considerable experience in administration of health matters
- Show evidence of high-level managerial and executive capacity in the administration of a tertiary medical institution.
- Possess a post-graduate medical qualification obtained at least five (5) years prior to the date of this advertisement and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Be medically qualified and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for at least twelve (12) years.
- Have a professional and academic standing that must be sufficiently high to command national and international respect, such that it would enhance the good reputation already established for this teaching hospital.
- Must be less than 56 years of age from the date of this advertisement.
- Have the ability to:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the institution. Harness the human and material resources for the achievement of the institution's goal as directed by the Board of Management.
- Drive the clinical and non clinical staff for the achievement of corporate goals.
- Proficiency in information and communication technology (ICT) and formal training in Administration! Management will be an added advantage.
- Courageous in taking independent decision based on the merit of facts on issues and not on the basis of pressure or sentiments from individuals or group.
- Unassailable integrity and commitment to anti-corruption, due process and SERVICOM.
- Impeccable character with proven qualities of dynamic leadership.
- High reputation with connections capable of attracting local and international support to supplement Government subvention in the upgrading of the services of this Hospital.
Tenure of Office
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another four (4) years.
The salary is consolidated and the successful appointee shall enjoy the benefits of the office as applicable to Chief Executives of federal parastatals and as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants are to forward sixteen (16) copies of:
- Their applications and detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials.
- Their vision for the Hospital in the next four (4) years and beyond in a sealed envelop and marked "Post of the Chief Medical Director" on the top left hand corner to:
NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL,
P.M.B. 5025 NNEWI,
Names and addresses of three referees whose report should be forwarded in sealed envelope to the undersigned.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 10th January, 2013