Africa Finance Corporation Graduate Internship Recruitment 2017
Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) is a pan-African multilateral development finance institution established in 2007 to bridge Africa’s infrastructure investment gap through the provision of debt and equity finance, project development, technical and financial advisory services.
AFC finances infrastructure projects in Africa, focusing in particular on power, transportation, telecommunications, heavy industry and natural resources (oil, gas and mining).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Graduate Intern
Duration: The internship shall be for 3 months effective 3rd October, 2017.
- Work with Risk Management and Information Technology teams to develop and deliver functional, tailored software-based information management solutions to manage and process compliance and risk management information.
- Work with AFC’s Chief Risk Officer, other Risk Managers and Information Technology teams to achieve the job objective;
- Software development and testing of an information management solution to manage and process compliance and risk management information;
- Software development and testing of an automated Excel based risk reporting tool, that aggregates risk metrics on commodity, interest rate, foreign exchange and equity risk calculated on another platform and delivered as comma separated values (CSV) files;
- Work to develop and deploy a risk management web-based training platform;
- Ensure excellent project and time management throughout the project;
- Liaise with potential users to assess and build in specific user requirements into information management solutions;
- Manage User Acceptance Testing, corrections/review and troubleshooting where required;
- Ensure timely delivery within stipulated project period.
- Recent (last 1 year) BA/B.Sc graduate
- Current MBA /MA/MSc student or recent (last 1 year) graduate.
Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Working experience in information technology based environment, preferably in financial institutions (investment bank, commercial bank or development bank).
- Expert knowledge of software application development and database development languages (SQL)
- Expert proficiency in programming Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time and people management skills
- Good project management, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Key Performance Indicators
Development and delivery of:
- Functional, tailored software-based information management solution for compliance and risk management information;
- Automated risk reporting models, and;
- Risk management web-based training platform
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable), accommodation and transportation logistics to and from work.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage, and for obtaining entry and residence visas (where applicable) into the host country (Nigeria).
- Successful Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
16th August, 2017.
- GTBank Graduate Trainee recruitment 2017
- Ecobank Recruitment for Sales Manager, Youth Banking
- SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- First Bank of Nigeria Recent Job Opening
- VP, Corporate Finance Advisory
- Insurance Personnel (Sales and Marketing) Vacancy at GOS Project Ltd
- Recent Job Vacancy at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Insurance Manager
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Entry-level Recruitment for a Teller
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Campus Ambassador Programme 2018