Assistant (H / F) - Clinical Component
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant (H/F) - Clinical Component
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the SRH Manager/ Project Manager, the Assistant (H/F) in charge of the Clinical Component will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together FOSA provides, community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the data, identity the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions.
- Ensure that the FOSA have the stocks necessary for the supply of services and that there is no stock shortage.
- Make monthly stock inventories of products and equipment.
- Contribute to the organization of training sessions for providers.
- Contribute to the preparation of assessment and monitoring missions.
- Make regular assessment of the clinical competencies of the forms providers and develop coaching plans for the non-proficient providers
- Work closely with the GP or Project Manager and the Community Engagement Assistant to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the allotted time and submit them to the GP /CP.
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of the program, monitoring and evaluation of sexual and reproductive health activities in the FOSAs supported.
- Develop a work plan for the activities to be implemented.
- Conduct monthly facilitating Supervisions of the FOSAs in collaboration with the Health District Executive Team.
- Ensue the regular collection of data in the supported FOSAs, compile in the database clinical data and analysis of the date collected in order to make recommendations to the supported health structures and the Project Manager/GP.
- Ensue that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, during the supervisory and exchange meetings are disseminated and applied in the FOSAs supported.
- Maintain good relations with the AOSOs supported.
- Participate in the development of new projects.
- Participate in the development of budgets and expenditure plans.
Basic Job Requirements
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Midwife or TSSI.
- Experience working for refugees and/or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable.
- Mastery of national R & D policy and the following computer tools; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Ability to conduct training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring, evaluation of medical activities.
- Ability to analyze data to formulate relevant recommendations, write quality reports in French and submit them on time.
- Disciplined, organized, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE's Core values and gender.
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an asset (University Postgraduate training Degree or Public Health).
- DMU/SRI SONU, Family Planning and Post-Abortion Care is an asset.
- Training in project planning, monitoring and evaluation is also an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in clinical medical practice.
- Previous experiences both in reproductive health and supporting health structures are assets.
Application Closes on...
25th October, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV's electronically to email
Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV's to:
289 Amolai Road,
- Care encourage women candidate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Library Assistant (Volunteer)
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
- Registered Staff Nurse/Midwife
- Key Account Manager, Health & Beauty
- Recycling Procurement Officer
- Fleet Manager
- Food Security and Livelihood Sector Co-lead
- Senior Malaria Specialist
- iCCM State Delivery Officer
- State Technical Officer