Assistant (H / F) in Charge of Community Involvement
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant (H/F) in Charge of Community Involvement
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the SRH Protect Manager, the Assistant (H/F) in charge of Community Involvement will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of community dialogue and communication activities for behavioral change in the community in collaboration with community partners.
- Together with key stakeholders in the community identify potentially changeable health behaviors and practices, barriers to the use of family planning services and post-abortion care and develop strategies and approaches to overcome barriers and increase demand.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the business and work plan and ensure the quality of implementation.
- Support community partners on the use of data collection tools to evaluate program outcomes.
- Advocate with local partners to implement strategies to reach all levels and categories of the population.
- Ensure that community facilitators follow-up clients on short- term methods.
- Ensure that health providers and community facilitators conduct monthly data analysis meetings and participate in them.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the social analysis anti action and to the follow-up of the changes occurring in the community due to the impact of the project.
- Contribute to the development of selection criteria for facilitators and community partners to work with.
- Contribute to the preparation of training sessions for community facilitators.
- Organize exchange and experience-sharing meetings with community facilitators during quarterly reviews of activities.
- Ensure that the necessary information is collected, analyzed and used in the management and planning of community engagement activities.
- Establish a Community Facilitators’ Committee around each supported health facility to ensure community dialogue sessions and clients referrals.
- Identify the needs of the community partners and provide them with the necessary technical and material assistance.
- Work closely with the project leader to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Ensure the regular collection of data from the community dialogue activities of tire community partner compile and analyze the data collected in order to make recommendations to the site project manager.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the time limit.
- With the Health District team, provide monthly supervision of community facilitators and monitoring of their skills.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, during the supervision and exchange meetings are disseminated and applied by all the community partners.
Basic Job Requirements
- Education equivalent to at least B.Sc. + 3 in Health Sciences, Sociology, Social Communication or Management.
- Ability to ensure quality data collection, compile and analyze to formulate relevant recommendations.
- Ability to write quality reports in French and submit them on time.
- Disciplined, honest, organized, respectful of deadlines, adapting in a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect for CARE's core values and gender.
- Know how to ride a motorcycle over long distances and good interpersonal relations.
- Communicating training is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in planning and implementing communication programs for behavioral change.
- Experience working with international organization would be a major asset.
- Experience in a health project especially sexual and reproductive health is an international NGO is also an asset.
- Familiarity with the working environment and the partnership between the Ministry of Health and National Health Programs.
- Previous experience in social mobilization and facilitation of training sessions.
- Working experience for refugees and/or displaced populations in an emergency context is desirable.
- Knowledge of the health system and ability to facilitate a training session and/or a dialogue session.
- Mastery of the following computer tools: Words, Excel, PowerPoint, internet (Required).
- Ability to provide formative supervision, monitoring and evaluation of community engagement activities.
Application Closes on...
25th October, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV's electronically to email
Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV's to:
289 Amolai Road,
- Care encourage women candidate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Library Assistant (Volunteer)
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
- Registered Staff Nurse/Midwife
- Key Account Manager, Health & Beauty
- Recycling Procurement Officer
- Fleet Manager
- Food Security and Livelihood Sector Co-lead
- Senior Malaria Specialist
- iCCM State Delivery Officer
- State Technical Officer