Consultant at The International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant (MM/Review of Draft National Diaspora Policy and Development of its Action Plan)
Job Location: Abuja
Organizational Unit: Migration Management(MM)
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 30 working days
- Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (MM), Lagos and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (MM) and in close coordination with the Labour Migration and Diaspora unit, the successful candidate will be expected to review, amend and revise the draft National Diaspora Policy and develop an action plan in line with international best practices.
Consultant will be expected to deliver, at the minimum, the following outputs:
- An inception report and work plan two weeks of commencement of the assignment.
- Outline of the policy brief.
- Write up of consultations made to present the draft policy and its action plan.
- Final policy and its action plan.
- Facilitate stakeholders meeting to validate the policy and its action plan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- To review, amend and revise the draft National Diaspora Policy and develop its action plan.
- To facilitate consultation process to collect inputs for the draft National Diaspora Policy and its action plan, and collect insights and feedbacks on draft documents to make it more effective and comprehensive in line with best practices; (there will be up to four consultations).
- To review the draft National Diaspora Policy as well as develop its action plan through a wide range of consultative process in close collaboration with IOM and members of the Standing Committee on Diaspora Matters (SCDM) in Nigeria.
- To develop a framework that will establish institutional responsibilities and indicator with the aim of consolidating the role of the Nigeria National Volunteer Services (NNVS) in coordinating Diaspora Matters in Nigeria.
- To facilitate an interactive session with SCDM in Nigeria with the aim of reviewing and validating the draft National Diaspora Policy and its action plan.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Sciences, Public Administration and Law.
- Seven years of experience in Policy Development and engagement with government and international organizations,
- Familiarity with Migration and diaspora issues in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Excellent drafting and reporting ability and previous publications on policy issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with a Cover Letter, not more than one page specifying the motivation for Application, addressed to the "Human Resources, International Organization for Migration IOM" via e-mail to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int and with a subject line "CFCV2O18/21 Abuja. Consultant (MM/Review of Draft National Diaspora Policy and Development of its Action Plan)".
Hard copy of previous work should be sent to IOM Office at:
No.11, Haile Selassie Street Asokoro,
- All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae(CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Business Analyst
- Country Coordinator at IMPACT Initiatives
- Supply Chain Team Leader at Danish Refugee Council
- Supply Chain Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Support Services Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Country Director at ZOA international
- Programme Manager at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Humanitarian MEAL Manager at Save the Children
- Service/Quality Improvement Coordinator at Jhpiego
- Assistant Safety Advisor at The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)