Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer - Agronomist
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer - Agronomist
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementation of agro and other livelihood interventions in the area of responsibility of Damaturu Office
- Contributes to the beneficiary selection process, identification of most appropriate agro interventions and formulation of appropriate projects proposals
- Designs appropriate projects and ensures smooth implementation of the EcoSec agro programme in the assigned area in coordination with other team members, assistance departments, respective, including involved local partners
- Participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the EcoSec programme activities mainly on emergencies and livelihoods response in close collaboration with Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
- Ensures the necessary preconditions for implementing agro interventions are met (e.g. seasonal aspects, local capacities and social patterns, appropriates/feasibility/sustainability),
- Reports on the progress of the livelihood projects and documents the lessons learned through the projects
- University degree in agriculture
- 4 years work experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC departments through adequate communication.
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 16:30 hr; 20th January, 2017.
Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Recruitment Program 2018
- FHI 360 Latest Recruitment in Nigeria, 16 Aug, 2017
- Chatham House Africa Internship Recruitment Programme 2017
- Neem Foundation Massive Recruitment in Nigeria
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger
- Protection Expert Job at INTERSOS Humanitarian Organisation
- Ongoing Recruitment at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation
- Communication Technician Job at IITA, Ibadan
- ICT Infrastructure Officer Job at IITA, Ibadan
- Action Against Hunger Recruitment for Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Assistant