Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited (SCPAL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organisation to conduct research, analyse policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- The Financial Accountant at Sahel Capital Partners and Advisory Limited, would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of Sahel resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with Sahel’s policies
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Any other responsibility assigned by management.
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Working with Team Member and Management to implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into Sahel’s accounting system
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of consulting based accounting and experience with developed consulting firms is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (Preferably ACA).
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
- Strong personal integrity and accountability.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
Application Closes on 26th January, 2018.