Grants Manager Vacancy at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee started working in Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a flood disaster in Kogi State that affected over 7 million people, destroying harvests and damaging homes. Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted geographical location to respond to the humanitarian crisis resulting from escalating Boko Haram led violence in Nigeria’s northeast region, which continues to uproot millions of Nigerians.
The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
- The Grants Manager will be reporting directly to the Senior Consortium Coordinator.
- Ensure that the ProsSPINE program is implemented in compliance with DFID regulations, including maintenance of updated grant files and organization of regular grant meetings; coordinate modifications to any agreements (i.e. extensions, indicator changes, budget realignments), as necessary;
- Organize monthly budget management meetings with IRC sector managers/coordinators and ProSPINE partners to ensure strong financial management of grants;
- Manage all reporting deadlines, develop calendars for report development, coordinate and consolidate report as necessary to ensure documents are of the highest quality and in line with donor’s requirements;
- Manage and regularly update Grants Tracking Sheet to inform senior management, Consortium Senior Management Board and regional team;
- Support program staff in assessing funding opportunities and ensuring that the opportunities reflect IRC Nigeria’s strategic objectives and the local context;
- Work with coordinators and managers to coordinate the timely development of high quality new funding proposals and reports;
- Coordinate with consortium team members on grants management, project progress, monitoring and evaluation;
- Review agreements and provide recommendations and concerns to the senior management, SMB and regional team;
- Act as focal point for communications with HQ grants administration and compliance functions in London, including maintaining submissions on IRC’s online opportunity management tracking system;
- Review and advise on all partner agreements (including logframe, budget, spending and workplan); ensure New York/London review of partner agreements;
- Ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting and partner capacity-building;
- Organize and facilitate monthly partnership meetings with senior program staff; support and guide program staff in partner amendments, realignments and general challenges in project implementation, as necessary;
- Manage archiving of all grant files and institutional memory of grants and programs;
- Work with other Country Program Grants Managers to prepare factsheets and weekly reports among other tasks
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Management Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in International Affairs, Communications or related subject; masters degree preferred.
- At least two years experience working in relief or development programs.
- Previous successful experience developing projects and writing proposals and/or reports for public and/or private donors
- Knowledge of main donor regulations and priorities, including DFID, EU, UN, USAID, ECHO and other European donors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities.
- A teamplayer that iscomfortable working in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience working in a high-stress emergency setting will be an advantage
- Excellent English written and verbal communications
Click Here to start receiving Job updates in your mail box! Also Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
CLICK HERE TO PRACTICE OVER 10,000 JOB APTITUDE TEST AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR FREE
- USAID / North East Intellectual Entrepreneurship Fellowship (NEIEF) Program 2017
- Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2017/2018
- Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship 2017
- Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2017
- SHELL SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2017
- The UBA Campus Ambassador Programme 2016
- The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund - Get up to N5million for your business
- University of Warwick (WMG) 2017 Postgraduate Scholarship to Study in the UK
- Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2016 / 2017
- Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) Edu Research Grant 2016