IT Quality Assurance Officer
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG (www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Position: IT Quality Assurance Officer
Ref Code: QAO/IT/JAN/2018
Main Task & Responsibilities
- Ensure the updates and implementation of the quality assurance guidelines
- Prepare and maintain the testing plan according to the quality assurance guidelines
- Liaising with suppliers, teams and team leaders when needed
- Be a key player in the solution delivery lifecycle process
- Creating and implementing new test strategies
- Take part in the first line support in the post-go-live phase
- Deliver training sessions when applicable (prepare materials).
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of products, parameters and processes of CBS and applications
- Document software, features and processes when require
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritized to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders
- Scheduling testing activities and Providing budget forecasts
- Automate the testing processes and ensure continuous improvement over time
- Providing feedback to the development team
- Conducting risk assessments in the testing phase
- Perform continuous testing and upgrades when required
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Economics or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least four hands-on relevant professional experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of testing principles, methodologies and tools used in Waterfall, Agile and V-model methodologies
- Proven track record in Testing Management experience working in an Agile/scrum context.
- Resolving problems in a timely manner
- Paying attention to details
- Good communication Skill
- ISEB and/or ISTQB certification is an asset.
- Prior working experience with a Core Banking System (CBS) or a software package
- Background in microfinance, banking, accounting and/or IT
- Awareness of configuration management and change control processes is an asset
- Good knowledge of business processes and/or Accounting
- Require effective prioritization, time management, team spirit, and organizational abilities.
- Understanding structured test methods and processes
- Excellent grasp of test metrics, release process and test environment principles
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
- Manual and Automated Testing skill
- Being analytical and effective