Officer, Inspection and Survey Team
A top Insurance firm in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Position: Officer, Inspection and Survey Team
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Head, Underwriting & Head, Central Claims Group
- The primary focus of this position is to support the Head of Inspection & Survey team so that all in-house claim adjustment, pre-inspection of risk (within our limits), assessment/inspection is done in an efficient manner and most cost effective manner.
- To ensure prompt underwriting/claims inspection/investigation, complete claim documents requested for and received,carry out sound analysis of documents and Surveyor’s report, in order to settle genuine claims promptly, recommend risk improvement measures to under writing Unit to enable them quote premium appropriate for the risks being covered.
- External: Engineers, Garages, Surveyors, Agents, Brokers, Walk-in-Customers, Superintendents, Lawyers, Consultants, Service Providers and Others
- Inspecting all risks/claims assigned to the unit within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Negotiating with Garages during claims adjustment
- Liaise with external Surveyors/Engineers/Garages to ensure cleints satisfcation within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Requesting for claim substantiating documents
- Ensure timely and correct data entries into our software application
- Ensure adequate reserve is advised for creation
- Book appointment with Insureds/Claimants/Brokers to arrange for physical inspection
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of reported claims/risks to be surveyed
- Ensure prompt generation of offer memo for approval and further action
- Liaise with external engineers/Surveyors for huge claims
- Review Surveyors/Engineers’ reports
- Adjust in-house claims that are of low value, based on laid down procedures and claim quantum
- Resolving Insured’s complaints related to risks survey/claims administration, refers difficult or very complex complaints to Head, Inspection & Survey Team as occasion will demand.
- Prompt response to all surveys/inspections within stimulated timelines as stated in the SLA
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of claims documents before concluding the claim.
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and review adjustment to determine the company’s liability and make necessary recommendation to the Team Lead
- Compliance with stated operational terms in the SLA i.e. acknowledging of mails, reviewing and summarizing of Surveyor’s report, carrying out in-house adjustment, e.t.c.
- Ensure adequate reserve is created and maintained at all times based on available information
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly reports and all required reports as at when due
- Ensure the necessary information required for ERM co-ordinator is supplied as at when due
- Ensure that all insertions to the software and ensure compliance with company’s policies and standard
- Recommending risk improvement measures to be communicated by team lead to underwriters and marketers (where applicable)
- Ensure that all necessary information/documents required for the EDMS success is provided as-at when due
- Ensure that all necessary information that will make GIBS successful for the survey/inspection sub-team in particular and the CCG in general is provided as-at when due
- Attend to all functions that may be assigned by the Team Lead and/or CCG Head as the need arises.
First Degree (i.e. HND/BSc/B.ED/B.A/e.t.c)
Associate member, CIIN
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Insurance technical
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to email stating the role applied for as the subject of the email.
- Living Benefit Officer
- Commercial Banking Relationship Manager
- UNIT MANAGER
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment for Senior Analyst
- Union Bank Plc Management Trainees Recruitment Programme 2018
- Graduate Teller Recruitment at Workforce Management Centre
- Workforce Mgt centre Recruitment for Graduate Direct Sales Executive - Lagos
- Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment for Graduate Teller
- Head of Marketing & Credit
- Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recent Job Opening