Me Cure Healthcare Limited, was established in 2009 and is headquartered in Nigeria with 7 healthcare diagnostic centers including an eye center which is a state of the art ophthalmic clinic used to diagnose, treat and perform vision related surgeries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Ophthalmic Nurse
Job Location: Lagos
Type of Employment: Full Time
- Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development and performance improvement.
Pre-operative/Intra: Operative/Post Operative Evaluation:
- Assist Consultant Ophthalmologists in major and minor operations.
- Keep principles of aseptic techniques in performing surgical scrub, setting instruments, gowning, gloving, as needed for the procedure.
- Takes and monitors’ patients’ vital signs
- Prepares operating room for patient/procedure.
- Daily eye dressing of post operative patients
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation
- Inventories of all items used during surgery.
- Assists in positioning, responding to comfort/safety of patient.
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis.
- Observes, checks and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are functioning efficiently.
- Handles patient documentation.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptoms.
- Monitors patients’ physical and emotional well-being.
- Provides nursing care for patients undergoing surgery.
- Maintain standards of nursing care in pre and post operative planning, implementation and patient care.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications.
Counseling and Education:
- Patient education and counselling.
- Initiates patient educational plan, as prescribed by the Consultant Ophthalmologist.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner and in the appropriate forms and format.
- Stock/inventory taking and maintenance of equipment and material resources
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of a bachelor's degree/Diploma in Nursing, Ophthalmic or Perioperative Nursing
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations and communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all medical and non-medical staff.
- Ability to analyze data to synthesize and summarize information and to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Knowledge of nursing and surgical practice, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
Required Licensure, Certification:
- Current registered nurse license.
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS) training.
- Professional experience of at least three (3) years.
- FHI 360 and AHNI Massive Recruitment in Nigeria, October 2017
- Call Centre / Quality Assurance Agent Job at Prepaid Medicare
- Pharmacy Technician
- Registered Nurse
- Laboratory Scientist
- Analytical Development Chemist
- Massive Oil & Gas Recruitment at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Program & M/E Officer Job at Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD)
- Billing / Hmo Officer Job at Newgate Medical Services