Project Manager SR
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager SR (GSK and SAFPAC)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader/ Project Manager (M/W) will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain good relations with District and Health Region Officials.
- Attend District and Health Region meetings and represent CARE effectively.
- Participate in the identification and development of new projects with his/her hierarchy.
- Ensure coordination & activities of GSK and SAFPAC projects and ensure quality implementation of the SR program, monitoring and evaluation of sexual and reproductive health activities in the HFs supported.
- Coordinate project team planning activities, including the development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly work plans.
- Coordinate the planning of training activities, supervision of HFs and monitoring of training providers.
- Ensure that data from clinical and community engagement activities are collected and analyzed both at the HFs and District levels on a monthly basis for decision making.
- Ensure that all toots are available In HFs and community facilitators and are used.
- Ensure that the two assistants under his/her supervisions have the correct tools and have also receive the guidance for their proper use.
- Work with the District Health Team, to ensure that the HFs supported in two projects have the necessary stocks to provide quality services.
- Conduct supervisory visits to HFs activities and community facilitators and share recommendations with providers, community facilitators and its two assistants, in every three months.
- Develop both the expenditure and procurement plans and submit it to his/her hierarchy for approval and validation.
- Work with the teem to estimate the training needs of the community heath providers and facilitators, propose a budget for its activities and facilitate the organization at training sessions for providers.
- Contribute to the preparations of assessment and monitoring missions.
- Submit monthly Clinical and Community Engagement data bases to SR Regional Focal Point with copy to SR Global team and CARE Mission.
- Work closely with his/her two Assistants to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Prepare quality reports of his/her activities within the allotted time and submit it to the hierarchy.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, supervisory and exchange of meetings, are disseminated and applied in all the HFs supported.
In terms of Finance and Logistics:
- Develop spending and procurement plans.
- Analyze budgetary monitoring and contribute to the preparation of financial reports.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure that it complies with current procedures.
- Ensure proper management of project equipment and gear.
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Midwife.
- Previous experiences both in reproductive health and supporting health structures are assets.
- Experience working for refugees and/or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable.
- Mastery of national R & D policy and the following computer tools; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Ability to conduct training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring, evaluation of medical activities.
- Ability to analyze data to formulate relevant recommendations, write quality reports in French and submit them on time.
- Disciplined, organized, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE's Core values and gender.
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an asset (University Postgraduate training Degree or Public Health).
- Training in DMU/SRI SONU, Family Planning and Post-Abortion Care is an asset.
- Training in project planning, monitoring and evaluation is also an asset.
- 5-7 years experience in clinical medical practice.
- Proficiency in the country's health system.
Application Closes on...
25th October, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV's electronically to email
Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV's to:
289 Amolai Road,
- Care encourage women candidate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.