Safety Advisor Assistant at The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Safety Advisor Assistant
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Safety Advisor Assistant (SAA) will support the Safety Advisor in the collection and verification of safety information in the North Eastern region of Nigeria, as well as in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists
INSO is currently seeking a Safety Advisor Assistant for the office in Maiduguri, that will provide support in the following areas:
- Collection and verification of safety information
- Conduct regular field trips in order to develop local expertise of the context
- Development of alternative sources of information
- Responsible for keeping an updated database system
- Respond to any relevant request of NGOs in terms of safety
- Draft of regular safety reports and Power Point presentations
- In order to qualify as a successful candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in either, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent Diploma
- At least 3 years of professional experience in data entry, preferably within police, military and/or in NGO safety.
- Excellent English writing and spoken skills
- Fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Eastern Nigeria.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors in the North Eastern Region
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies:
- Strong skills in data management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com with the subject of the mail: "INSO SAA - Maiduguri"
Applications must contain the two (2) following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.
Note: Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply.
- Operations Geologist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Database/Enumeration Specialist at Info distribution
- Safety Coordinator
- Surveillance and Operational Research Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Data Management & Application Support Geoscientist at Total Nigeria
- Research Analyst
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- HSE Manager
- Geographical Information Officer at ICRC