A top Insurance firm in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Position: Underwriting Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Team Lead
- Meeting and surpassing customers’ needs with the aim of Maximizing the company’s profit margin.
- Internal: Serving the Retail Marketers, staff agents and online businesses interfacing with finance, claims, reinsurance team and survey team.
- External: Interfacing with external agents and direct customers and tracking companies and superintending agents.
- Underwriting responsibilities as assigned by the Team lead e.g. opening file for new customers, key in details of customers into the system, rolling out policy documents and other relevant documents for approval by head of retail etc
- Generation of renewal notices on monthly basis as instructed by the head of Unit represented. Must be generated seven weeks before due date and same must be sent out through CSU six weeks before due date. Relevant confirmations must be carried out before this exercise e.g. premium payment confirmation, profitability of the account i.e. loss ratio.
- Renewal of accounts as at when due. This must be based on instructions received from customers with evidence of payments
- Supplying of relevant documents to Finance for issuance of payment receipts
- Appointment of trackers to track insured vehicles
- Processing of payments for trackers and reconciliation of accounts
- Renewals of trackers for maintenance of tracked vehicles
- Any other assignment as the need arises
- Associate member, CIIN
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in underwriting
- Basic experience - Products knowledge and customer relationship plus good communication skills
- Learning on the job.
- Ability to grasp things easily and align to the system
- Special training by the department as well as the company
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to email stating the role applied for as the subject of the email.
Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
- African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Latest Job Recruitment, Sept. 2017
- Equity Trader Job vacancy at ARM Life
- Bank Reconciliation & Investments Accountant Job at KPMG Nigeria
- Finance / Administrative Assistant (Female)
- Finance Officer
- HR Business Partner Job at World Bank Group
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2018
- New Job Vacancies at Cornerstone Insurance Plc in Rivers State
- Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria International Graduate Programme 2018
- Standard Chartered Bank 2018 International Graduate Programme - Global Banking and Corporate Finance