UNICEF Job for a TA Reports Specialist
UNICEF contributes to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals in Nigeria with a mandate to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.
UNICEF’s Nigeria country programme:
Aims to accelerate the realization of the rights of all children and women to survival, development, protection and participation.
Promotes efforts to reduce infant, child and maternal mortality; expand access to quality basic education; and strengthen social and child protection systems.
Uses a rights-based and gender-sensitive approach
Job Title: TA Reports Specialist P3
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief, Polio Communication and in consultation with the Chief, Health and other Programme Staff, the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing, compiling, and editing of English-language proposals and reports for donors, ensuring that they are in line with criteria set out in official guidelines and directives, and in line with agreement/stipulations.
The incumbent will work also with Programme Officer (budget) to help monitor the large programme budget of over $100 million a year
Key Expected Results
- Compile, edit and disseminate mandatory UNICEF reports. Ensure quality assurance and adherence to criteria set out in Executive Directives/Guidelines, UN/UNICEF policy papers, GPEI and polio plans, donor contract stipulations etc.
- Act as focal point for the handling of all queries from headquarters, regional/country offices and Nigeria based staff, regarding programme budget, funding commitments and donor contributions
- Update and maintain information on all the donor and programme reporting requirements. Assist tracking and provide regular updates of donor fund utilization at different levels
- Assist in developing fundraising proposals, ensure that proposals and reports meet the guidance shared, and stipulations applied, by donors. Maintain a coherent system for tracking reports due working closely with the health section and Programme Monitoring and Evaluation sections.
- Assist prepare management indicators reports, DCT reports and the operations quarterly reports.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Master's degree in social sciences or related technical field, with strong writing skills and expertise in budget management. Two to three years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels.
First university degree with additional two-years ofrelevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of anadvanced university degree.
Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels.
Fluency in English is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Core Values
- Commitment Diversity
- Inclusion Integrity
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
Please note that is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
- Community Mobilization Officer Job at Plan international
- Plan International Job for Graduate Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Officer
- Hot Recruitment at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- FHI 360 Job for Assistant Technical Officer
- CAMRIS International Recruitment for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
- Senior Logistics Officer Job at International Medical Corps
- Gender & Social Inclusion Advisor Job in Abuja at Palladium Group
- Program Officer Job at DevTech Systems, Inc.
- Field-Based Monitor Job at DevTech Systems, Inc.
- Job at Save the Children for Adolescent, Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Advisor