Wash Technical Supervisor Job at Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.
Tdh in Nigeria is currently implementaing projects in Health and Wash sectors and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Wash Technical Supervisor
Job Location: Borno
- The Wash Technical Supervisor will be responsible for the effective implementation of the WASH project related activities though conducting and coordinating activities according to project standards, protocols, and timelines.
- Develop, implement and monitors the WASH projects, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets
- Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and proposes, and amendments to WASH strategy, under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Conduct initial and regular assessments of the WASH projects with the Kobo toolbox tools and activities outcomes according to the M&E plan.
Project Strategy and Planning:
- In collaboration with the PM Wash, participates in designing technical aspect of the project and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision
- Participates in WASH capitalization, lessons learn and handover report
- Oversees the implementation of the database tools
- Ensures correct data protection procedures and filing
- Experience in water quality testing protocol
- Maintain proper records of all tests carried out to ensure quality compliance to construction sites
- Certify all payments after verification of work performed at sites in coordination with the PM.
- Attend site meetings at regular intervals, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Ability to determine sanitation strategy in urban contexts
- Knowledge in civil engineering and ability to do BoQs for sanitation facilities such as latrines and showers
- Prepare Drawings, Specifications, Bills of Quantities (BOQs) in coordination with Tdh team.
- Coordinate and manage Tender procedures, evaluations, analysis of received bids for rehabilitation works.
- Prepare and write Contracts for rehabilitation works and ensure that Tdh and local contract agreement clauses are respected.
- Monitor and inspect progress of construction works, by making regular follow up visits to construction sites and make sure that construction works are performed within the agreed deadlines.
- Propose recommendations related to improvement of methods and quality of works
- Liaise with all relevant institutions to guarantee an effective progress and conclusion of all construction in all sites including the defects liability period
- Check delivery of materials, overall supervision of the construction sites and make sure that works are done according to technical specifications and are corresponding in terms of quality.
- Advise on works that might eventually incur extra costs, on time (variations to the contracts, time and cost, if any, shall be verified and appropriate decision should be taken with the Tdh team)
- Provides compiled meeting minutes reports to the PM
- Ensures a monthly data analysis reports are submitted
- Upon completion of the assignment, submits handover report
- Contributes to donor reporting upon request
- Coordinates the capacity building support to the WASH team, relevant local authorities, and community workers and community groups, as required by the project, particularly with the Local Authority.
- Provide technical support to WASH team members as needed.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Computer skills: Good knowledge in Microsoft Office Pack (Excel and Word and computer sciences).
- Other: Knowledge of humanitarian actors/Good management and pedagogical skills
- Education Degree: Diploma on WASH sector
- Work experience: Previous relevant experience in a WASH function and preferably in an NGO
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations
- Work in relief sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
Application Closes on..
20th December, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV's, National ID card and reference contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.