World Bank Recruitment for Research Associates in Abuja
The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
The World Bank Group seeks application from qualified candidate to fill the vacant position in Abuja below:
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The World Bank Group is seeking to recruit a highly qualified Research Associate to be based in the World Bank Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria to contribute to the priorities of the Livestock-Micro reforms in Agribusiness (L-MIRA) project.
- The L-MIRA project is a non-lending, advisory project fully funded by the Gates Foundation.
- The project is led by the Trade & Competitiveness Practice Group, and designed in partnership and with input from the WBGs Livestock Working Group and staff of the Agriculture global practice (GP).
- The objective of the project is to support the growth of the Dairy and Poultry Value Chains through targeted regulatory and institutional reforms to increase access by smallholder farmers/ livestock producers to improved services/technologies and market opportunities.
Scope of Work
- Task 1: Conduct research on tariff structure and taxes on poultry inputs including drugs, vaccines, maize, soybeans, additives, vitamins, poultry cages.
- Task 2: Conduct research on the government agencies involved in regulating animal feed, drugs, animal health, and poultry processing.
- Task 3: Map out the procedure involved for drug registration and renewal of licenses
- Task 4: Conduct general research on the market potential for poultry in Nigeria and assist in the writing of the project implementation plan
- Task 5: Identify the data collection mechanism and gaps in the poultry sector
- Task 6: Analyze the market and demand for lab services
- Task 7: Review the animal feed law specific to issues raised in the Enabling the Business of Agri report.
- Task 8: Provide general support to the Nigeria L-MIRA project including the participation in missions and meetings as needed.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications
- The successful candidate shall be required to hold a Master's degree in one of the following areas: Public Policy, Agriculture, Business Administration, Law or any relevant field.
- Experience working with government counterparts in Nigeria is preferred
- Strong experience conducting research including data collection and report writing
- Experience organizing workshops or events
- 4 to 7 years relevant experience preferably working with a development organization
- When the page opens, click on "Register Firm (First time user) or click on "Login" (Members only).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join our BBM Channel Here C003C370B
- 2017 Ecobank Nigeria Fast-track Intensive Graduate Program (ENG-FIGP)
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2018
- Ecobank Nigeria Intensive Graduate Recruitment Program (ENG-IGP) 2017
- Relationship Manager, Payroll Banking
- Office Assistant Job in a leading Commercial Bank
- African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Latest Job Recruitment, Sept. 2017
- Equity Trader Job vacancy at ARM Life
- Bank Reconciliation & Investments Accountant Job at KPMG Nigeria
- Finance / Administrative Assistant (Female)
- Finance Officer