Synapse Services is a "Center for Psychological Medicine", that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accounts Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete financial statements including: a balance sheet, a statement of profit and loss and a statement of cash flows.
- Establish and implement financial procedures and ensure that the financial reporting mechanisms are in line with organisational requirements.
- Recording and reconciliation of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring.
- Monitoring of the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on need.
- Management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts, preparation of the weekly cash counts and monthly financial records including cashbooks.
- Ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records as required for auditing.
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery.
- Calculate salaries and benefits control of salary payments to staff, including tax liabilities.
- Reconciling and monitoring expenses, subsistence allowances, mobile phone usage, etc.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage cheque run and record all cheques
- Maintain listing of accounts receivable and payable
- Verify pay amounts deductions, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess a minimum of HND/ B.Sc in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Ability to use accounting software like Quickbooks and Peachtree.
- Good Reporting Skills
- 3-5 years working experience as an accountant
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development
- Proactive problem solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Postion as the subject of the email. E.g "Accounts Officer- Lagos"
- Accountant Job at Winco Foam Industries Limited
- Accountant Job at TippyToes Kidcare
- Financial Controller Job at 4 Quarters Consultants Limited
- Finance & Admin Assistant Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Chartered Accountant Job at a reputable company
- Senior Finance & Admin Officer Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Chief Internal Auditor Job at Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital
- Chief Accountant Job at Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital
- Finance Associate Job at BitPesa
- Director of Finance and Accounts Job at Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital