Agricultural Engineer Job at Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in Collaboration with International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND).
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Position: Agricultural Engineer
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Reporting and Location: VCDP National Office, Abuja
- The FGN/IFAD VCDP is desirous of engaging the services of Technical specialist and staff to facilitate VCDP and other IFAD Assisted programs implementation at the VCDP National Office.
- The Agricultural Engineer will provide advice, technical support and guidance aimed at sustainably increasing crop production as key contributions to food security, improved livelihoods and diversified diets in the Project areas.
- He will lead the delivery of a programme of work on sustainable crop production intensification through sustainable agricultural production and technologies addressed to small holder farmers
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead or provide technical support to the development of sustainable mechanization strategies and frameworks both at national and Regional and State levels
- Provide guidance on technical management of processing centers and workplace safety.
- Promotion of sustainable mechanization related to sustainable crop intensification including conservation agriculture
- Develop guidelines and standards for sustainable agricultural mechanization within integrated crop production systems
- Liaise with research and development institutions, private sector organizations NGOs in linking the particular needs of small holders relevant to sustainable mechanization, related capacity building and training.
- Support the work on private - public partnerships in the context of sustainable mechanization systems
- Provide clearance procedures with respect to procurement of agricultural sector-related machinery and equipment
- Contribute to programmes and projects on conservation agriculture including through support for enterprise development
- Assist in developing knowledge products for agricultural mechanization
- Preparation of quality documents for meetings, concept notes, and other relevant information requirements.
- Provide technical assistance on private - public partnerships in the context of sustainable mechanization systems.
- Facilitate training and capacity building on operation and maintenance of all agro-based farm machineries and agro processing equipment in liaison with relevant institutions.
- Report to the NPC-VCDP
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by NPC-VCDP.
Minimum Qualification and Experiences Required
- A minimum of Master's degree in Agricultural Engineering, with additional professional specialization. Higher Degree in relevant fields will be an added advantage
- Experience in sustainable mechanization in the context of sustainable agricultural production and processing.
- At least 5 years work experience in the field of Agricultural Mechan isation.
- Working knowledge of English Language.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience working with rural communities on agricultural mechanization
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to undertake extensive travels within project areas.
Technical/Functional Skills required:
- Knowledge/Experience working with rural communities in agricultural mechanization and processing
- Relevant experience in developing and implementing programmes or projects on crop production intensification and diversification, in the context of climate change adaptation and/or mitigation in both small holders mechanized agricultural systems
- Relevance of experience of agriculture policy and/or mechanization strategy issues
- Ability to analyse sustainable crop production issues from a technical, economic, social and environmental perspective
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with detailed CV of not more than 5 pages to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This contracted appointment is for a period of one (1) year in the first instance, renewable subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN/IFAD.
- Lead Piping Engineer Job at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- Civil/Structural Engineer Job at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- Field Service Engineer Job at GE Healthcare
- Private Sector Specialist Job at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Electrical/Electronics Technician Job at Alkem Nigeria Limited company
- Mechanical Engineer Job at An indigenous Manufacturing company
- Electrical/Electronics Supervisor Job at Alkem Nigeria Limited company
- Mechanical Fitter Job at Alkem Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Trainee Shift Manager-Packaging Recruitment
- Instrumentation/Calibration Engineer Job at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited