Apata and Ascott Limited Recruitment for a Construction General Manager
Apata & Ascott Limited - We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Construction General Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- We are recruiting to fill the role of Construction General Manager for one of our clients.
- The candidate will plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly and indirectly supervises 10 to 100 employees in for assigned project or projects.
- Carries out supervisory and project management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, industry best practices, and as established by any applicable laws.
- Training employees and sourcing for vendors.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining junior workers.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of bachelors’ degree in Construction or Engineering.
- Must have at least 7 years of managerial experience in construction company with good knowledge of architectural design and layout.
- Must have good knowledge of Auto-card, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, MS project management software and other construction software apps
- Must be able to synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Must be able to manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and also meets commitments.
- Must be a good team player with good delegation strategy.
- Must Possess good leadership and organization skills.
- Must be able to includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitation and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities, provides regular performance feedback, develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Must be able to looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be able to work within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Operations Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Project Officer (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Project Accountant Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Senior Project Manager Job at Arit of Africa Limited
- Operations Manager Job at Boardroom Apartments Limited