Banking Operations and Compliance Manager Job at TechAdvance
TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Nigeria. TechAdvance has subsidiaries across the IGR, Utilities, Finance and Transport Space in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Banking Operations and Compliance Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
- The purpose of this role is to ensure management of the day to day operational aspects of Advance Bank relationships, including oversight, marketing collateral, new products and features.
- The incumbent will lead the Advance Bank Operational and Compliance team.
- The role is responsible for overseeing compliance and operational risk within Advance Bank and ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support the legal and bank approval process.
- Develop best practices for operational processes.
- Provide metrics on the legal and bank approval process.
- Manage and enhance all current banking offerings and related cash transfer activities (wire transfers, checks).
- Provide high-end and customized support to our clients and Client Advisors.
- Working with Legal and others to design appropriate procedures to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Implementing fraud management procedures.
- Design, implement and document Advance Bank Operations processes.
- Establish standards and implement procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout Advance Bank are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory guidance, rules, and regulations applicable to Banking.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the Advance Bank compliance program.
- Prepare and present clear and concise Compliance reports to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve business' understanding of applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
The Ideal Person
The Ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree
- In-depth knowledge of consumer banking laws/regulations,
- Passion to protect investors interests and the integrity of the financial system
- Ability to analyse, interpret data, and provide guidance regarding banking laws/regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations preferred, but not required
- Ethical and moral standards of integrity
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and managing all facets of banking systems.
- 7+ years’ experience working in a banking institution with at least 3 years of managing banking operations
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) Tech Academy Programme 2019
- Oxford Gold Integrated International Limited Recruitment for Investment Manager Recruitment at
- Risk Advisor Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc edTech Challenge 2019
- Risk Manager Job at Enercom Solutions Nigeria Limited
- First Bank of Nigeria Recruitment for an Insurance Marketer
- Risk Advisor/Marketer Recruitment at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Risk & Compliance Officer Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Risk Advisory - Governance, Regulatory & Risk Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Risk Advisor (Marketing) Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc