British American Tobacco Graduate Technical Trainee 2018
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial - we're the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Technical Trainee
Job number: 20865BR
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment type: Fixed term
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for 17 Technical Trainees(s) to join our team in Ibadan, in the Production department.
- The job purpose is to provide technical support to the Secondary to achieve production targets by ensuring continuous and cost effective operation of machinery through:
- Minimization of unplanned machine related down time
- Minimization of raw materials, finished and semi finished product waste
- Optimization of spare parts and consumables usage
- Implementation and execution of preventative and curative maintenance plan
- Minimising risk by ensuring compliance with BAT, EH&S and local standards
- Ensuring that planed volumes and mixes for the shift are achieved
- Execution of brand/size/format changeover in the most efficient manner.
- Execute stock taking as prescribed to ensure accurate figures for production planning.
- Execute materials tests in order to ensure that standards will be met in future.
- Carrying out repairs, settings and adjustments in order to ensure high quality product and optimum machine performance.
- Monitoring and reviewing of machinery performance for safety, out put, down time, quality and waste in order to draw and execute action plans for the correction of deviations.
- Optimise machine performance by proactively executing daily and weekly maintenance according to BAT prescribed policies and procedures.
- Reducing cost by optimizing the usage of machine consumables and spare parts.
- Ensuring that production administration and quality procedures are continuously followed
- Relief Operators and other PTs(APTs) whenever necessary .
- Basic technical knowledge
- Availability to work in shifts
- Technical diploma
- Intermediate level of
- Pharmacy Administrator
- Client Service & Admin Officer
- Operation Manager
- Operations/Duty Supervisor
- Business Development Executive
- Front Desk Officer/ Receptionist
- Front Desk/Client Relationship Officer
- Team Assistant at The World Bank
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager
- HR and Admin Officer