Community Manager Job at Ventures Platform
Ventures Platform - We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Community Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- We have exciting initiatives for our VP community in 2020 and we are looking to hire a Community Manager to lead that effort
- Our Choice candidate will be responsible building, promoting and nurturing a thriving and vibrant community of entrepreneurs and innovators by adopting / initiating / attracting series of engaging programs and events; initiating communications geared towards stimulating growth, value and overall profitability of the community
S(He) is the life and the face of the VP Hub / Community and would execute on the following:
Community & Culture:
- As Community Manager, you are to set the tone of the VP online & offline community by innately possessing the ability to connect with members by getting to know the workings of their business and constantly initiating ways to add value to them.
- Design cultures, practices / rituals in the community that enables the most effective working and inspiring collaboration for resident entrepreneurs, and the wider community.
- Supervise seamless onboarding of VP community members
- Design and deliver networking and outreach events and sessions that support community building and brand building.
- Drive and support collaborative initiatives among members of the community.
- Foster brand awareness and engagement within and outside the community through creative Programs.
- Interfaces with all VP internal teams to ensure the community is optimal.
- Ensure community rules are abided by and build community.
- Be a rallying point for all members of the community and a hub of solutions to their growth needs
Programs Design & Execution:
- As Community Manager, you are to understand the needs of the community, design and initiate local programs, in response to this need.
- You are constantly on the lookout for valuable partnerships/exposures that will be beneficial to the community.
- You will work closely with the communications Manager in the execution of these programs.
- You are constantly tracking the effect of these programs and tweaking them for greater impact within the community the immediate and broader VP community.
- You are to work with the Director of Programs to create and manage an Alumni network for participants in all VP programs
- You are to create and manage a re-occurring list of engaging activities focused at providing value to the network and keeping it alive and active
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience as a community manager or similar role
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- People Management
- Events & Program Management
- Customer relations
- Business Development
- Graduate from a recognized University.
- Great Place to Work
- Medical Insurance
- Competitive staff benefits
- Amazing Team
- Flexible work hours
- Leave Allowance
- Training & Development
- Group Life Insurance
- Great work culture
- Inspiring work environment.
- Fitness Coach (Paid Volunteer) Job at Rocklanders FC Scout Agency
- UNICEF Rcruitment for U-Report Territory Officers in Nigeria
- Logistics Assistant - Premises at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Graduate Nutrition Assistant Job at Save the Children
- Graduate WASH Assistant Job at International Medical Corps IMC
- Nutrition Officer Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Job Vacancies at Mastercard Foundation
- Job Opportunities at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- New Job Openings at EnvironQuest Nigeria Limited
- Latest Job opportunities at FHI 360