Country Director at Equal Access International (EAI)
Equal Access International (EAI), a non-governmental organization with U.S. regional offices in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, corporations and individual donors, EAI has a 17-year track record implementing media and social change projects and currently operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, and the Philippines. EAI seeks a Country Director to lead and manage our Nigeria portfolio and represent the organization both in Nigeria and internationally.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Country Director
Job Locations: Kano and Abuja
- The Country Director will manage and direct all of EAI’s activities in Nigeria.
- The position holder will oversee program strategy and implementation, community outreach, and partnership development.
- S/he will ensure that EAI is delivering quality programming to communities across Nigeria and will liaise with potential business partners and sponsors to help drive their sustainability.
Leadership and Staff Capacity Development:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of each of EAI’s projects in Nigeria;
- Provide capacity building, supervision and support for senior management staff and content development staff. Secure and manage external capacity development support if necessary;
- Proactively develop the capacity of staff, drawing on skills of local management, to understand and apply EAI principles and methodologies in all aspects of our work;
- Promote transparent decision-making through open communication and regular meetings;
- Ensure compliance with all donor and EAI’s policies, procedures, and regulations;
- Ensure sound staff management standards promoting discipline, efficiency, and a harmonious working environment;
- Lead security and incident-related decision making and response;
- Help develop and implement a strategy for research and analysis related to EAI’s work;
- Support quality project planning, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation in a manner consistent with EAI’s working principles, ensuring that programming is managed and implemented in a timely and high-quality manner, according to pre-established workplans, and basing program decisions on reliable and accurate data;
- Ensure that all production deliverables are submitted on time in a suitable format and in-line with EAI’s strict quality standards;
- Ensure that all project budgets and finances are closely managed, including conducting sound projections and budget monitoring and closely overseeing project revenues;
- Manage monthly Program Compliance meetings;
- Ensure timely, accurate, and professional monitoring & evaluation of our work;
- Analyze the commercial market in Nigeria; seek and obtain sponsorship for select programming;
- Build staff capacity in producing, editing, and finalizing high-quality radio and television content;
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned that can be successfully replicated and assist program staff to integrate into their work;
- Ensure timely quality reporting to donors, partners and HQ and compliance with grant terms;
- Represent Equal Access International in Nigeria and, as necessary, abroad;
- Identify revenue sources and income generating opportunities through advertising, sponsorship, and investment;
- Work to engage with bi- and multi-lateral donors (including the US Government, MacArthur Foundation, DFID, and others);
- Lead resource mobilisation efforts through coordination and writing of high quality proposals and budgets for submission to donors (coordinating with EAI headquarters), building and strengthening key donor and local partner relationships and rigorous regular reporting and coordination of business development prospects;
- Advanced degree in management, business administration, international relations, and/or media production;
- Minimum 10 years' experience leading and managing International development projects;
- At least 5 years’ experience working with international donor-funded projects and/or working with investors;
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Africa, or on Africa-focused projects or media outlets;
- Proven understanding of Nigerian media, preferably including the Northern Nigeria context;
- A thorough knowledge of production processes, knowledge of audience research and media commercialization desired;
- Experience in coordinating with external donors, suppliers, producers, sponsors, investors, and other partners;
- Able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines;
Language and Computer Skills:
- Excellent spoken and written English, knowledge of Hausa and/or French a plus;
- Computer skills: Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, and experience with other editing software packages; MS Word and Excel.
- Able to undertake travel to the project locations as required, including internally in Nigeria.
EAI offers a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to join a growing, innovative international team.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's, along with a detailed Cover Letter providing specifics on how your background meets the qualifications, as well as reasons for your interest in becoming a member of the EAI Team, to: email@example.com In the subject line of the email, please include "Country Director - Nigeria."
- Applications that do not make the proper subject notification in the email or provide the requested information will not be reviewed.
- Applications for this position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, applications are preferred by August 15, 2018.
- Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Head of Base, Potiskum at Cooperazione Internazionale
- Project Administrator at Intersos Humanitarian Organisation
- Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
- Chief of Party Nigeria at PACT Nigeria
- Business Manager
- Graduate Protection and Community Outreach Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Protection and Community Outreach Supervisor at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Protection and Community Outreach, Deputy Project Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Operation and Maintenance Business Unit Manager at Mentor IMC Group
- Nigeria Systems Associate at One Acre Fund