Credit Analyst Job at Sabi Hub
Sabi is Africa's leading provider of enabling infrastructure powering the distribution of goods and services. Our platform enables and empowers a wide ecosystem of users, allowing agents, merchants, exporters, aggregators, distributors, and manufacturers to expand their capabilities and grow their businesses using Sabi's technology rails. These rails provide access to physical goods supply, logistics, business tools, financial services and data insights. In a short span of two years, Sabi has grown to be the largest B2B marketplace on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Credit Analyst
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Type of Contract: Full-time
- The Credit Analyst will play a pivotal role in evaluating clients’ creditworthiness, ensuring the mitigation of credit risk, supporting our lending activities and approving or rejecting loan requests.
- You will help us minimize bad debts and increase revenues from loans.
- Conduct thorough credit assessments of clients, international trade and corporate finance transactions, including financial statement analysis, industry research, evaluation of market conditions and credit risk exposure.
- Evaluate loan applications, propose appropriate terms and conditions, and make recommendations for credit approvals or declines.
- Engage in joint calls with the commercial units to discuss credit transactions, and as part of the efforts to monitor the customers’ performance and risk profile.
- Prepare weekly portfolio reports for credit review meeting.Compute weekly PAR report including; product, partner and entire credit PAR analysis
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications.
- Monitor the credit quality of existing clients, conduct periodic reviews, and recommend actions to mitigate risk.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal credit policies.
- Prepare and carry out periodic review and maintenance on comprehensive credit files and documentation for each transaction
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Credit Lead.
Special Skills and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Management, Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, or its related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a Credit Analyst in any Financial services, Investment firm or Bank.
- Hands-on experience with relevant credit/Finance related software
- Solid understanding of lending procedures.
- Knowledge of credit risk management, fraud management, loan recovery and debt management
- Understanding of the credit risk management in agricultural sector is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Motivated by the mission of Sabi
- Pragmatic with quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty.
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself.
- Rapid Career Growth
- Annual Training Budget
- Robust Health Coverage, including:
- Optical Cover, and
- Dental Cover
- Wellness Programs, including:
- Free Gym Cover
- Free Spa Cover
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Opportunity to work in other global office.
- Life Cover
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Days
- Fully-funded Team Bonding Activities
- Senior Data Analyst Job at ITEX Integrated Services Limited
- Data Analyst Job at High Caliber Nigeria Limited
- Data Analyst Job at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at HiiT Plc
- QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST
- Customer Experience Analyst Job at Standard Chartered Bank
- Senior Project Analyst (Bid & Tender Analyst) Job at Bell Oil and Gas Limited
- Quality Assurance Officer Job at Peddle Technologies
- Ongoing Recruitment at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Job Vacancies at Cellulant