Dangote Group Recruitment for System Administrator
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: System Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
- Perform all of the Systems Administrator duties and support the integration of new technologies into new and existing systems
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, and/or the communications infrastructure
- Install, connect, configure, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance of operating system, software, hardware, third party COTS, and firmware on systems located on multiple networks
- Perform security patches and upgrades
- Maintain virtual systems, network switches, and data protection to include backups, data/disaster recovery, and data flow
- Ensures all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is regularly maintained.
- Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to IT management.
- Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
- Maintain all system documentation including certification and accreditation documents
- Assist in database administrator duties, including maintenance, configuration, back-ups, and troubleshooting/resolving technical issues
- Provides Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, Exchange Server, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, SCCM Tier 2/3 support to group customers in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot, debug server based application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s)
- Performs occasional after hour tasks, including but not limited to, restarting systems, application upgrades, hardware maintenance, etc.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows architecture, design, implementation and management
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Systems Administration
- Understanding of networking (L2-L3), TCP/IP, Internet Services (DNS, Load Balancing), and Firewalls.
- Experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs, DHCP, DNS, Domain Controller replication, and organization unit management.
- Experience in documentation of SOP guidelines, system procedures and baseline OS image
- Experience administering Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Experience administering Microsoft Exchange in a hybrid environment
- High skill with Windows operating system commands/utilities/PowerShell (must - all applicants will be asked to read and write scripts during the interview process)
- A chance to be a part of the dynamic IT team driving digital change within Africa's premier indigenous manufacturing conglome
- IT Personnel
- Business System Analyst at Adexen HR and Recruitment Services
- Instructional Systems Designer at Tek Experts
- Back Office Wireless Engineer
- Junior Network Administrator at La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd
- IT Operations Engineer
- Linux System Administrator
- Software Project Management Intern/ Project Assistant / Project Manager
- .NET Software Developer
- IT Support Assistant at eHealth4everyone Limited