Education Officer Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)
Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) - Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Education, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan. Some of the local Government Areas (LGA) are relatively peaceful and there is a high population density with men and women who are suffering from poverty, and children who are vulnerable to illiteracy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Education Officer
Job Locations: Adamawa (Mubi), Borno
- Education Officer is responsible to support the development and implementation of the Education activities in the project locations.
- This position will take responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of ROHI’s education programme to improve girls’ learning outcomes through the Teaching at the Right Level (TARL).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide technical support in the areas of education in emergencies to teachers, facilitators, volunteers and community members engaged in the project.
- Closely collaborate with all the concerned stakeholders to ensure that programme goals are achieved and sustained.
- Actively participate in education-related activities and meetings, and seek active collaboration with other players working in the education sector.
- Adhere to the work plan and ensure the activities are fully implemented as per the national/international and North-east Nigeria Education Sector guidelines.
- Ensure close supervision and support to field based education activities
- Support in establishment of CPiE component within the Education activities
- Support set up of clear referral pathways between Education and CP teams.
- Identify and communicate project gaps, challenges and vulnerabilities to the line manager on a timely basis and suggest possible solutions to the problems.
- Actively participate in set up of clear monitoring and evaluation plan (including development and implementation of tools).
- Feed the project monitoring tools with highest level of accuracy in close coordination with project monitoring team.
- Establish and strengthen School Based Management Committees including training and community engagements.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Education, Social Studies, Human Rights, or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Child Protection / Education / SGBV/ Social work / Case management.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills/ Excellent knowledge of protection and education in emergencies / Previous experience in child protection and education in emergencies is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies Minimum Standards (INEE MS) and other existing global guidelines and tools for EiE.
- Computer Programmer / Tutor Job at AcademicianHelp
- Subject Expert (Pre NYSC / NYSC / Internship) Recruitment at AcademicianHelp
- Home Tutor Job at Tempkers
- Language Teacher (French, Yoruba) Job at KingsPark College of Arts and Sciences
- Biology Teacher Job at KingsPark College of Arts and Sciences
- English / Diction / Phonics Class Teacher Job at EOAC International Schools
- Teacher Recruitment at EOAC International Schools
- English and Literature Teacher Job at Noble Hall Leadership Academy
- Head of School and Assistant Head of School Recruitment
- Teacher Recruitment at KingsPark College of Arts and Sciences