Entry Level Reservations & Ticketing Agents Job at Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways – Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high, From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people- a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Reservations & Ticketing Agent
Ref Id: QR17283
Job Function: Commercial
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
About the Job
- In this role, you will provide full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in person meeting in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve budget revenue targets.
- Makes and confirms reservations for passengers
- Arranges Reservations and routing for using timetable, airlines manuals, reference guides and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions
- Advise load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
- Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; action telex messages and authorities.
- Handle helpdesk-assist travel agents with seat confirmations: upgrade/downgrade proposals
- Issuance of MCO’s and refunds’ process lost tickets and time barred tickets
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer
- Telephones customer or travel agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservations, as well as alternate available options
- Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints
- Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes
- Advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel passenger reservations
- You will need excellent communication skills, thorough knowledge of fare construction and ticketing along with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision in a high-pressure environment.
- You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English to perform this role.
- To be effective in this role, you will need a Trade or Vocational Qualification combined with a minimum of two years of job-related experience.
- Completion of the IATA Amadeus Certificate is an advantage.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
You will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / CV
- NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)
- Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
- Copy of Passport.
- Travel Management Executive at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited
- Travel Agent at Africa Young Entrepreneurs
- Supervising Tour and Ticketing Officer
- Massive Recruitment at Coscharis Mobility Limited
- Qatar Airways Recruitment for Reservation & Ticketing Agent
- General Manager at The Bridge Empire Consultancy
- Flight Dispatcher at Arik Air Nigeria
- Travel Agent Supervisor
- Managing Director
- Experienced Travel Logistics Officer