Finance Intern Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Finance Intern
Job ID: 13-10668
Job Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Finance Associate
Slot: 4 Openings
- The Finance Intern is responsible for assisting the Finance Associate in supporting the Accountants with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately the donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The Finance Intern is responsible for ensuring timely collations and undertaking preliminary checks on finance documents in relation to money expended.
- S/he is to undertake preliminary reviews towards ensuring expenditures and applicable documentation are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles determined by the donor agency.
- The Finance Intern is aware of and adheres to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare and control advances
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
- Maintain accounting files
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of University Degree or HND in Accounting or any equivalent certification
- Minimum of 1year experience in accounting
- Knowledge of US Government funded programs, regulations and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks) or comparable software
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial "common sense".
- IT Support Staff (Software) Job at DM Holdings (DMH
- Call Centre Intern (Female) Job at Obeezi.com
- Head, Internal Audit Job at Bukkha Hospitality Limited
- Finance Executive Job at Nuach Consulting
- Corporate Finance Manager Job at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Account Officer Job at Sigma Consulting
- Internal Auditor Job at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company
- Finance & Admin Analyst Recruitment at BASF West Africa Limited
- Investment Analyst Job at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- Financial Supervisor Job at PecanTrust Microfinance Bank Limited