Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Requisition Number: 16-0421
Job Location: Northern Nigeria
Project Duration: 5 years
- The Finance Manager will be based in Sokoto, Bauchi, or a third state in the north of Nigeria. The Finance Manager will be responsible to (1) ensure contractual requirements are met, based on USAID policies and procedures; (2) develop and implement financial procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and procedures; (3) oversee procurement actions, activity execution, subcontracts and consulting agreements consistent with USAID and Creative procedures, (4) provide financial training and guidance to program staff and partners.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Finance Manager reports to the Chief of Party and supervises the Finance Officers.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Provide COP with project’s current financial status
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Required Bachelor's degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business, etc.)
- Recommended Master’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing the finances for a project of similar size.
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
- Competent in using computers and financial software
- Experience managing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please
- Account Officer
- Senior Associate - Transfer Pricing at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Pricing Manager (Tax Regulatory Services) at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Transfer Pricing Manager (Tax Regulatory Services) at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Numbers Specialist
- Finance Officer and Women & Community Livelihood Foundation
- Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria Recruitment 2018
- Qatar Airways Recruitment for Finance Assistant in Lagos
- Senior Account Manager at HONEYWELL
- Financial Analyst at Food Concepts Plc