NERI Nigeria - An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Finance Officer is responsible for providing effective financial support to the project assuring compliance with internationally recognized finance policies and procedures.
- The scope of the position includes but is not limited to assisting with entering local transactions in accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance with Nigerian and international finance regulations, ensuring adequate cash balances to cover project activities and processing wire transfer requests.
- This position will be based in Borno State. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Finance Officer is supervised by the State Program Manager in Borno and reports to the Finance Director based in Abuja
- Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply internationally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyzing financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Review local expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with internationally accepted financial practices before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Maintain a good system of records.
- Prepare wire transfer requests, if any.
- Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Director to ensure compliance with internationally accepted financial practices and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports, as required.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and bank officials, as well as the development community is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates MUST submit the following documents:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter to the e-mail address. Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Investment Officer Job at Rich-Oak
- Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment for Retail Sales Officer
- Investment Manager Job at Capital Companion
- Investment Analyst Job at Lidya
- Bank Teller Job at Jofad Consulting Limited
- United Bank for Africa Recruitment for Currency Trader
- Treasury Sales Officer Job at United Bank for Africa
- Officer - Retail Mobile Unit Job at Infinity Microfinance Bank Limited
- Investment and Loan Marketer - Fintech at Anyjob
- Recovery Officer Job at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank