Financial Analyst Job at Tropical General Investments
Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
Seniority level: Mid-Senior level
Employment type: Full-time
Industries: Consumer Goods, Chemicals, Consumer Services
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and developing various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Track General & Administrative expense, Advertising & Promotion expense
- Market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Manage all aspects of competitive analysis and reporting, including developing a process and regular cadence for the dissemination of key peer company and industry-wide developments
- Forecasting/Budgeting – Prepare cost models to be used by FP&A team for the forecast. Prepare financial forecasts including monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts. Communicate the financial forecast to the respective business leads.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform account reconciliations
- Prepare & analyse financial statement
- Compile and analyse financial information for business unit to determine standard costs, perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs
- Monitor, analyse and report on inventory valuation, logistics, and production costs
- Support annual planning and quarterly forecasts of logistics costs
Education, Experience & Other Requirements
- MBA and/or CPA or CA would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly analytical, with strong financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of accounting systems and controls
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Information Systems Auditor Job at Konga
- Accountant Job at Baobab Initiative
- FMCG Accountant Job at Padoserve Limited
- Risk Manager Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Treasury / Accounts Officer Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Treasury Specialist Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Recuitment for a Vice President, Real Estate Finance
- Graduate Job Vacancies at ReelFruit Nigeria
- Operations Manager (Office 3650) Job at Tek Experts
- Technical Support Engineer at Tek Experts