Full Stack Developer / Knowledge Manager Job at Ikore
Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model / strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises and research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Full Stack Developer / Knowledge Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- Livestock Disease Surveillance Knowledge Integration (LIDISKI) has a global objective of improving the livelihoods of smallholder livestock farmers in Nigeria in the face of climate change and aims at improving food security and increasing the revenue of the targeted population.
- One of the objectives of LIDISKI is to design and implement sustainable PPR and ND surveillance and control strategies in the context of climate change. This will reduce disease burden, and therefore directly contribute to increasing food security and women empowerment, reducing poverty, and strengthening resilience of the poorest people.
- Ikore, one of the implementing partners for LIDISKI project, is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa.
- Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- You will be in charge of the design and maintenance of databases.
- You will be in charge of installing and maintaining the project management tool task juggler on a web server.
- Assist the LIDISKI project management team in following the activities by keeping up-to-date the list of tasks and activities in the taskjuggler database.
- Create web map applications with QGIS®. The objective is to visualize the geo-referenced data that are collected or created by the LIDISKI activities on different support (browsers, smartphones, tablets)
- All developments will be open source and available in Git repositories.
- Digitizing Information so that it becomes easy for all the people to access the same without having to go through the files in which the same are stored in a physical format.
- Encrypting Information so that it cannot be manipulated, destroyed, or otherwise get infected by virus, trojan, malware, etc.
- Identify and curate technical website content, manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way)
- You will be in charge of developing server and client applications for web browsers, smartphones and tablets
- Design user experience and develop business requirements to enhance homepage layout.
- Prepare engagement model and guideline for maintaining content fresh and updated
- Define and gather business needs for releases in time to come.
- Supervise content to apt delivery channel on basis of target audience.
- Perform as main contact for research and information manager activities.
- Define and manage user roles and opinions to present target information to right audiences.
- Produce and maintain content for online support conduits, enhance self-help for client and operational efficiencies.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Serve as knowledge and information manager for the project.
Required Skills and Experience
- Technologies: QGIS server, LDAP protocol, Git
- OS: Linux
- Human skills: work in a multi-cultural environment, strong autonomy, respect of the deadlines, open to learn and use new languages and technologies if required, agile development skills.
- Data collection will be mainly done by using kobotoolbox. Therefore, general knowledge in Geographical Information Systems would be greatly appreciated.
- As a full-stack developer, you know the front-end and back-end technologies for developing and maintaining web services.
- Be an excellent communicator who can initiate and continue interactions with the people who share their insights and knowledge
- Be proficient in a large number of computer applications
- Be attentive to details
- Experience in economic development as it relates to international development issues and approaches
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- At least 2 years past-experience as full-stack developer will be appreciated.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Full Stack Developer / Knowledge Manager" as the subject of the email and include salary expectations in your application letter.
Note: Applications will be reviewed and online interviews will be conducted with selected candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.
- ICT Administrator Job at Vineyard Educational Consult
- Information Technology Officer Job at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited
- IT Data Collection and Database Manager Job at Management Systems International
- Senior IT Officer Job at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- IT Support Job at Elkris Foods Limited
- Technology Team Lead
- Data Science /AI Research Lead Job at Rise Networks
- IT Support Engineer Job at BAT Computer Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Sales Executive
- ICT Officer Job at a reputable company