International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: GBV Coordinator
Job Location: Nigeria
- The GBV Full-time Employee will provide leadership for the GBV prevention and response program supporting affected communities in North-East Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Employee will serve as the GBV a lead on the implementation of OFDA and ECHO program in Nigeria. Specifically, the Coordinator will complete the following tasks:
Implementation and Capacity Development:
- Lead the design and delivery of major program activities, including the establishment and delivery of focused support services
- Train program staff, volunteers, and partner organizations in technical areas, including psychosocial support and case management services
- Establish and monitor supervision and support systems for case management services
- Establish safe information sharing procedures
- Organize and co-facilitate trainings for healthcare providers in clinical management of rape
- Organize and facilitate GBV mainstreaming trainings for other sector actors
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data
- Develop support strategies for staff and introduce principles of self-care
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Coordinate with other service providers to establish and strengthen referral systems for survivors of GBV
- Coordinate with relevant government authorities and international, national and local organizations
- Coordinate with other sectors as possible to ensure integration of GBV concerns into various services
- Conduct situational analyses as appropriate to determine the feasibility of particular approaches and interventions
- Support team to identify locations to establish safe spaces for women and girls
- Lead the implementation of regular safety audits and share results with partners.
- Contribute to concepts or proposals as requested
Security and Conduct:
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies
- Consider security implications of all program activities, in consultation with partner organizations
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
Compliance and ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conduct work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and to partners and require them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- International Medical Corps is a ‘first-responder’ both to natural and men-made disasters and has a mandate of working in remote locations.
- The organization has a comprehensive security management policy and plan in place and committed to do everything possible within its remit to ensure safety and security. Notwithstanding, the mandate and programming choices of International Medical Corps require staff with high degree of resilience, extremely decisive quality and ability to move fast.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- These duties and responsibilities are not comprehensive enough to describe all activities, other tasks may be assigned from time to time by the Emergency Program Coordinator (EPC, Program Director (PD), Country Director (CD) and Technical Unit (TU).
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Advanced degree in Social Work, Public Health, International Development or other relevant field of study preferred
- Minimum five years of field experience, including experience in GBV program management and protection/GBV coordination
- Experience with proposal writing, reporting and M&E
- Experience working with income generating activities preferred
- Experience working with implementing partners preferred
- Relevant regional experience strongly preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently
- Ability to work well with a cross-cultural team
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Branch Manager
- Analyst, Customer Intelligence (Supervisory)
- Loss Prevention Officer
- Information Management Officer (TJO), P4 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Facility Manager
- Executive Assistant - MD/CEO
- Commercial Manager for Africa
- Unit Manager
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Manager, New Ventures