Graduate Compliance & Legal Officer job at Meristem Securities Limited
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate offering investment management and financial advisory services to our clients, we are recruiting to fill the vacant position below within our company:
Job Position: Compliance & Legal Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- The role of the compliance and legal officer will be to provide compliance and legal services of the highest professional standards and facilitate the transactions of Meristem by giving proactive, business oriented and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk in order to make transactions viable and safe.
- Enforce implementation of company’s duties as Administrator of CBN-NEMSF in line with its Administration Agreement and Mandate.
- Provision of prompt legal advice as required on the Company’s legal/corporate structure, business and operations and transactions.
- Preparation, review, vetting and negotiation of the Company’s agreements with third parties and other contract documentation to ensure protection of company’s interest and due compliance and conformity with all aspects of applicable Laws.
- Company secretarial work and Governance overview for the company
- Interpretation of CBN-NEMSF agreements and interface with Legal Advisers.
- Ensuring all NESI SS Ltd departments and stakeholders are delivering on assigned tasks.
- Flag any shortcoming noticed in the delivery of duties.
- Follow-up with discos to ensure they meet up with their reporting obligations
- Legal documentation including Conditions Precedents and subsequent (CP and CS) of beneficiaries.
- Provide report on status of beneficiaries CS after the CS due dates.
- Monitor organization-wide compliance with internal operational procedures.
- Enforce compliance with risk management framework for the CBN-NEMSF to ensure acceptable risk and adequate mitigants are in place.
- Maintain an up-to-date risk register and continuously review/ address the risks facing the SPV in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanisms/ frameworks
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Keep abreast of trends/ development taking place in the capital market and power sectors.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in reputable law firm with bias for energy law.
- University degree in Law.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions.
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- High level of passion, integrity, creativity, inquisitiveness and self-confidence.
- Human Resources / Admin & Legal Manager Job at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Executive Secretary
- Executive Confidential Secretary
- Non-Academic Staff Recruitment in Leading Private University
- Latest Job Vacancies at 54gene Nigeria
- IT Analyst Job at ENYO Retail & Supply Limited
- Female Web Developer
- Investment Portfolio Manager Job at Frankedge Properties
- Sales Account Manager Job at Rally Trade
- Online Marketing Manager Job at Rally Trade