Graduate Finance Intern I Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Intern I
Job ID: 13-10540
Job Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Group/Office: FAO (Finance, Admin, and Operations)
Dept/Unit: FAOBOP - FAO Business Operations
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Senior Accountant II
- The Finance Intern will assisting the Senior Accountant/Accountants in providing finance & logistic support in the unit.
- The Finance Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the inventory data base in the field office
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1 experience in finance position with a Non-Governmental Organization
- University Degree in Accounting or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Finance/Accounting
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office.
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- FarmKonnect Campus Ambassador Programme at FarmKonnect Agribusiness Nigeria Limited
- OXFAM Impact SME’s Development Programme 2019
- Amnesty International Youth Task Force 2019
- Graduate Engineering Training Program (GET) Job at Indorama Eleme Fertilizer & Chemicals Limited (IEFCL)
- Indorama Eleme Fertilizer Limited Graduate Engineering Training Program 2019
- Finance Assistant
- Graduate Assistant Job at Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Graduate Trainee
- Henkel Planning & Logistics Graduate Intern Recruitment
- Graduate Corper (Intern) Recruitment at Pivotage Consulting