Head of Safety Job at White Soul Motors Limited
White Soul Motors Limited incorporated in 1996, is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Safety
Job Location: Calabar, Cross River
- White Soul, a highly reputable logistics company looking to engage the services of a Head of safety to facilitate compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, constantly on the lookout for violations and largely focused on prevention.
- The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies and help achieve the organizational goals which includes establishing a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
Key Functions of the Role
- Support the development of safety policies and programs
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Advise and train all other personnel on various safety-related topics i.e. PPE, etc
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation and clients’ standards
- Initiate and organize health and safety training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the our client relationships
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Min of 7 years of experience working as a Health and Safety Supervisor
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must
- Must be located in Calabar or willing to relocate
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Must be agile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Safety Officer Job at Recore Limited
- HSE Manager Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Safety Officer Job at Karbak Ven Limited
- Safety / Facility Officer Job at Zarone Techologies Limited
- Henkel Recruitment for Safety & Security Manager
- Health and Safety Officer Job at St. Nicholas Hospital
- HSE Supervisor Job at WTS Energy
- Health and Safety Officer Job at a reputable company
- HSE Officer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Health, Safety, and Environment Officer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited