Health & Safety Officer (Civil Engineering) Recruitment
Smart Partners Consulting Limited is an indigenous consulting firm poised on the business model of collaboration to provide professional services of Human Resources and Business Strategy to different companies in various sectors of Nigeria’s economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Health & Safety Officer (Civil Engineering)
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for continuous inspection of project sites to ensure a hazard free environment, audits and assessments of facilities, work locations, equipment, work practices and hazardous chemicals/substances to ensure compliance with operating rules and regulations
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans.
- Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality.
- Promoting safe practices on site.
- Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs.
- Carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations.
- Responding to workers’ safety concerns.
- Arranges OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site.
- Coordinates all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste.
- Assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
- Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with construction managers.
- Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures.
- Testing the effectiveness of site emergency response plans
- Continuous monitoring of all safety-related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated.
- Develop and conduct site orientation and other training, lead health and safety meetings, audits, and inspections to evaluate the safety performance of site personnel, including subcontractors
- Ensure all the workers at the construction site are working in a safe environment and are following all correct safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Construction Safety Officer/ Background experience in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to communicate excellently in both oral and written format
- Strong listening skills to be able to get valuable information from employees.
- Profound knowledge of industry standards and regulations (OSHA).
- Good organizational and record-keeping abilities – the ability to maintain a good record of all safety-related activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
- Sales and Service Technician
- Dangote Group Recruitment for HSE Officer - Clinker Terminal
- Health & Safety Officer Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings
- Health Safety and Environmental Officer Job at Abuja Clinics
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mar & Mor Integrated Services Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Learn@ease
- HSE Officer Job at MacTay Consulting
- QHSE Officer Job at Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at EPCM Engineers Limited