HR & Admin Officer at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HR & Admin Officer
Job Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- Reporting to the Senior Senior HR/Admin Manager, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support to the various Human Resources functions of the Country Program in the Mubi Field Office.
- This will include rolling out IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures which covers recruitment, orientation, compensation, professional development, performance management and exit management.
- The HR Officer will have oversight over the HR Intern and work closely with the HR Manager to ensure compliance with IRC administrative standards and with local laws and regulations.
HR Administration/ Information Management:
- Maintain the HR Data Base of Mubi Office and regularly update employee information. Maintain an accurate and timely employee filing system.
- Maintain and update the Timesheet tracking system for both national and international staff and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Liaise with the Senior HR/Admin Manager and Talent Acquisition team to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in the Mubi IRC office.
- Liaise with the Talent Acquisition team for the hiring of casuals and incentive workers.
Training & Development:
- With support from the Senior HR/Admin Manager, coordinate Staff Trainings in accordance with the Learning and Development Plan;
- Monitor and track all IRC sponsored trainings, ensuring all stall fill out training bonds, feedback reports and all related training documents in total compliance with IRC’s policies and procedures.
- Support staff learning by creating innovative ways of encouraging online learning for all staff
- Coordinate training courses for employees as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the respective sector Managers in the Field
- Coordinate staff welfare management initiatives in the Mubi office with support from the HR Manager.
- Involve in the processing of termination paperwork for all staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by the HR Manager and the Base Manager
- University Studies/ Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course;
- 2 years of experience in similar position;
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- HR Certification will be desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges.
- Security level orange. The situation in Mubi, Adamawa remains unpredictable; there is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications addressed to the "Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee" via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Subject of the application should read: "HR & Admin Officer, Mubi".
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Bemil Nigeria Limited Recruitment at Human Resources & Admin Officer
- Human Resource Partner (Training and Development) Job at a Group of Companies
- Senior Human Resources Manager Job at Jhpiego
- Human Resources Officer Job at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Head, Human Resources Job at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Human Resources Personnel Job at Proten International
- HR Intern Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- HR Director Job at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Recruitment Specialist Job at SDIL
- Head, Human Resources Job at SDIL