HSE Assistant Job at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
CGC Nigeria Limited a Chinese company with it's headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Chinese Company at the forefront of construction of Roads and Bridges, Agriculture, Mining, Water Supply, Irrigation, Drilling, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Trade in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HSE Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- CGC Nig Ltd is looking to hire a responsible HSE Assistant who will provide strategies to reduce hazards at the work place.
- The ideal candidate will focus largely on prevention and his / her goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and push for a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental standards are integrated in all related processes at the projects and company;
- Ensure that HSE processes comply with organization’s requirements, policies and procedures;
- Conduct and carry out proper and timely accident reporting and investigation as and when they occur;
- Come up with ways of reducing risks;
- Report all health, safety and environmental protection reports and materials required by the company;
- Regularly carry out health, safety and environmental inspection on the project, and file the inspection details;
- Responsible for Health, safety, environmental data collation, collection and storage work;
- Check and supervise the production of safety management of the project;
- Identify potential hazards;
- Ensure that good safety, health and environment practices are promoted throughout the organization;
- Compile accident and incident statistics, trends analysed and remedial action proposed and taken where necessary;
- Ensure that measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice are proposed, implemented and monitored;
- Identify Safety training needs, design and conduct training as required, and establish and maintain training records;
- Conduct required HSE induction training courses;
- Consult with department heads / project managers and give appropriate advice on policies and procedure formulation;
- Carry out on-site inspection and continuous HSE awareness;
- Stay informed on new trends in national and international health and safety laws likely to affect the company’s projects;
- Develop and review health, safety & Environment policy statements on a scheduled basis;
- Proven experience as HSE Assistant.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of safety management information systems is an added advantage.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificates and additional qualifications in safety will be an added advantage.
- Able to draft document and write letters with strong expression skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Must be between the ages of 35 - 45.
Experience and Qualification
- More than 3 years working experience working in construction of Road and Bridge.
- Bachelor Degree and Above in Civil Engineering / Health and Safety related field.
- Member of ISPON, NEBOSH, OSHA or any related professional body will be an added advantage.
Note: Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted
- Safety Officer/Assistant Mooring Master Job at WTS Energy
- Maintenance Supervisor Job at A leading Property Development and Facility Management company
- Plumber Job at Addas Ultimate Limited
- Health and Safety Officer Job at Reliabuild Properties Limited
- HSE Manager Job at JEF Security Services Limited
- HSE Officer Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- HSE Officer Job at Sales Force Consulting
- HSE OFFICER
- Fashion Retail Sales Associate Job at Talent Sqr
- Direct Sales Executive Job at Karferry Limited