Human Resources Manager - Humanitarian Response Recruitment at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources Manager - Humanitarian Response
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To ensure effective and efficient management of human resources related activities towards implementation of the Humanitarian response programme in the North East of Nigeria.
- The role provides technical leadership in ensuring that all human resources processes, procedures and practices are in line with Plan International policies and best practices.
Dimension of Role
- Reporting to the Head of Human Resource, The Human Resources Manager will coordinate and ensure that the the Human Resource Department in achieves its core objectives within the Humanitarian response and the organization.
- The post holder will responsible for Human Resource depart in the humanitarian response, line manage Human Resource Officer in the North East locations.
- Manage all Human Resource related matters with support from the Country office, including ensuring staff understanding and compliance of the Staff and HR manuals.
- Leads and coordinates all recruitment and selection process for the Humanitarian response and ensures all recruitment document are processed for necessary approvals.
- Plans and delivers induction for new staff to enable them settle faster and easily.
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for all staff, associates and partners on on key organizational policies, processes and procedures
- Maintains up to date response programme organization charts, job descriptions and employee records to support the programme needs.
- Ensures adherence to HR policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevents organizational conflicts.
- Provides coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all HR issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing disciplinary, grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization.
- With support from the Country off, conducts annual training needs analysis for all staff, source for, plan and delivers trainings to address performance gaps.
- Supports managers and staff in implementing the Plan International performance management process.
- Liaises with line managers to develop and maintain succession plans for key roles in the programme for smooth transition of the key roles and also implement career development plans
- Facilitates activities that would motivate and support the retention of staff to retain the best staff.
- Upholds harmony/teamwork among staff to create good and healthy working environment that improves performance.
- Manages all staff annual leave and Rest & Recuperation schedule
- Coordinates timely submission of approved time sheet for all staff in the response
- Participates fully in local NGO or multi sector HR networks and ensure that learning/best practices are shared and utilized
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management / Social Sciences or other related courses. Any relevant professional certification and a Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ practical work experience in managing human resources systems in a similar organization
- Familiarity with Nigerian laws.
- Experience successfully implementing organisational HR policy and practice.
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organisational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection, or training and development
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic Human Resources skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player
- Provides good and adequate Human Resource support to the team to the programme meet agreed organizational outcomes
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Influencing skills
- Promotes high performance
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
- Dynamic and committed to efficient service.
- Ability to involve and listen to others to ensure good understanding and implementation of human resources activities.
- HR Consultant
- Admin / HR Officer Recruitment at Rinaebo Integrated Services Limited
- HR Officer Job at Vivo Mobile Nigeria
- HR / Administrative Manager Recruitment at Noktell Hotel & Resort
- HR Officer Job at Vivo Mobile Nigeria
- Human Resources Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Recruitment Officer Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Social Media Digital Marketing and Recruitment Executive Recruitment at Ruhe Global Resources
- HR Assistant Job at Louis Valentino Nigeria Limited
- HR / Admin Officer Recruitment at CGC Nigeria Limited