ICLA Coordinator Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: ICLA Coordinator
Ref. nr.: 3996674177
Job Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Mubi, Adamawa
Job Type: Full time
Start date: 01/01/2019
End date: 31/12/2019
Project Summary/Job Description
- We are looking for an ICLA Coordinator for our area office in Maiduguri,and sub filed office in Mubi in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Coordinator is to ensure the Implementation and impact of ICLA programme activities in Maiduguri or Mubi sub field office
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The ICLA Coordinator report to ICLA Program Development Manager (PDM).
- Coordinate and Supervise the ICLA project team and program activities
- Coordinate Preparation of work plans and progress reports for ICLA teams
- Supervise the ICLA team leaders and project officers
- Expand and maintain NRC’s network of relevant stakeholders in all operational areas
- In consultation and coordination with the Program Development Manager, represent NRC in protection and coordination forums
- Coordinate establishment of client outreach, screening and identification procedures
- Support development and strengthening of synergies between all NRC programs
- Document obstacles to secure land tenure and identity documentation for IDPs to inform advocacy
- Document case studies and best practice for facilitating secure land tenure and identity documents for IDPs
- Prepare presentations and papers demonstrating lessons learned
- Support the preparation of funding proposals
- Coordinate Preparation of donor reports. GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure that NRC’s programmes are guided by and effectively abide by the humanitarian principles
- Minimum Bachelor of Law degree and must have been called to the Nigerian BAR (be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience with start-up activities
- Experience in coordination of Housing Land and Property and Civil Documentation activities
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Proven skills in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Handling insecure environments
- Political and cultural awareness.
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions - Grade Level 7 Step1 (Coordinator).
- Duty stations: Maiduguri and Mubi with frequent travels. Travel outside location is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Interested persons should indicate position as subject of cover letter for example "ICLA Coordinator - Mubi"
- Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Project Director Job at Save the Children
- Project Manager Job at Subsea 7
- Project Engineering Manager Job at Subsea 7
- Legal officer
- Project Manager Job at a reputable Construction company
- Eko Maintenance Limited Recruitment for a Team Lead - Legal/HR
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Recruitment at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Officer Job at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Coordinator Job at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Manager, Distribution Job at Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)