Information Technology Specialist Recruitment at TETRA TECH
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Information Technology Specialist
Job Location: Abuja
- We are recruiting an IT Specialist to manage all IT related functions for Coffey Nigeria and WYG Limited as per below:
- Based in Abuja, this position works together with the IT teams in the UK to ensure that all IT systems, devices and network are compliant with company standards.
- The IT Officer is responsible for ensuring the IT systems in all programmes are functioning.
Specifically, this will include:
- Ensure updates/patches on ReadyNAS devices
- Resolve issues in coordination with vendors
- Assist in resolving tier 2 issues with the Egnyte application and coordinating response from Egnyte /NetGear.
- Coordinate with Corporate Networking team to ensure installation and setup of standard equipment
- Periodically audit field office bandwidth utilization
- Facilitate communications with Corporate Networking to resolve issues as they arisen
Personal Computing Devices:
- Develop and operationalize an approach to maintain consistency in software configuration
- Assist field teams in sourcing appropriate equipment
- Develop and operationalize an approach to cataloguing/inventorying field equipment
- Mobile device management and support, issuing smartphones and applications
- Place importance on customer satisfaction
Coordinate / orchestrate the deployment of software updates to field offices:
- Notify field technology staff/contractors of recommended updates
- Oversight and coordination of field office technology staff
- Assist the Ops Dir in selection of IT service contractors and/or internal IT staff
- Assess performance of field technology contractors
- Direct field technology staff in system installations, equipment selection
- Project Start-up
- Coordinate local staff to ensure that correct equipment is sourced and properly configured
- Assist in designing or review the design developed by contractors of the field office network
- Induction training with follow up training / video training point of contact for future training
- Contribute to IT related proposals
- Help spec equipment and price for proposals
- Research ISP pricing
- Work with the project as point of contact for new work
Contribute to IT Policy review and formulation:
- Assist the global team in formulating appropriate, practical policies and practices for field project office operations
- Develop and operationalize IT related documentation and manual
- Develop and operationalize approaches to compiling and making easily accessible the policies and practices required to deploy and operate field project IT infrastructure
- Assist with all unit’s IDEV infrastructure tickets including but not limited to:
- Egnyte Permissions
- Resolving issues with ISP
- Virus / Malware Outbreaks
- Use Cherwell to document work performed. Standardising tasks for Enterprise Field ops hand-offs.
- Use Cherwell to build and implement project plans.
- Adhere to all Company’s policies and procedures and uphold the company’s values
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in IT, Computer Science or any related field of study
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- MS Certified Technology Specialist
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience with an international development company
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications and experience in a networking environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting (MAC, HP and Dell Laptops)
- Security and computer viruses
- Knowledge of file servers and systems administration
- Knowledge of shared drives, Netgear, Egnyte, Microsoft teams and in using Cherwell
- Experience with project management
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and in Hausa;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work outside of normal work hours, when necessary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Package to: email@example.com using "Information Technology (IT) Specialist, Abuja" in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A Cover Letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications; please include photocopies of educational certificates
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply
- Applications received after this time will not be considered
- Who Can Apply: Nigerian citizens only.
- Specialist - Data and AI Recruitment at Microsoft Nigeria
- Mobile App Developer (IOS Swift) Job at LONGBRIDGE
- Head, Information Technology Job at Above Only Microfianance Bank
- IT Administrator Job at Cerebro
- IT Support Technician Recruitment at Netcom Africa
- ICT Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger
- IT Administrator Job at Cerebro
- IT Officer Job at Intuitive Global Healthcare System
- Analyst, Information Management Recruitment at C & I Leasing Plc
- Information Technology Project Manager Job at the Bulb Africa